• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Scooby still battling along - was "Not good news ... We're losing..."

Hi,

Its been a couple of days since scooby had his water injection and it seems to have given him some relief , his chest seems a bit clearer and he is not coughing as frequently , we are going to see how he gets on as for the moment he seems comfortable.....

Scooby's annual vaccination is due this month and Iam tempted to tell them not to bother with him being so ill as I fear it might make things worse? Any advice?

Thanks for all your ongoing support , it means alot to me and the little guy....

Love
Sharon and Scooby XXX

Hi Sharon

Thank heavens it is giving Scooby some relief,you two are doing brilliant long may it continue .:)

Hi,

Its been a couple of days since scooby had his water injection and it seems to have given him some relief , his chest seems a bit clearer and he is not coughing as frequently , we are going to see how he gets on as for the moment he seems comfortable.....

Scooby's annual vaccination is due this month and Iam tempted to tell them not to bother with him being so ill as I fear it might make things worse? Any advice?

Thanks for all your ongoing support , it means alot to me and the little guy....

Love
Sharon and Scooby XXX

I'm glad Scooby is still remaining comfortable. Bless him, he is such a little fighter.

I really think it would be unwise to vaccinate a dog as frail as Scooby.

Hi,

Love
Sharon and Scooby XXX

Sharon

I would not booster Scooby. My Ebony has got a heart murmer and I have not boostered her for the last 2 years. A blood test confirmed that she still has full immunity. I am lucky i got a good and honest vet. Most vets will push for the booster.

Thanks for the advice guys

My husband and I have decided we are not going to vaccinate scooby this year as he is going through enough at the moment and its just not a priority...

Sound advice from you guys as always......... Iam off to give scooby a treat and a hug.....

Love

Sharon and Scooby

XX

I'm glad you decided not to vaccinate. It wouldn't be advisable in his condition, and there is much debate about over vaccinating. I'm sure if you had a titer you would find he still has coverage. I didn't renew vaccinations with my ill dog, and felt confident he was better off not.

Hugs to you both, and praying you have a bit more quality time with your little love.

My vet doesn't vaccinate my severly affected 9 year old SM dog. She feels that she's been through enough with her surgery, etc. Good decision with Scooby, the dog with 100 lives. He is amazing!

Happy Scooby has gotten some relief and is feeling a little better. I agree with everyone else about not vaccinating. Sydney was due for his this year and both vet and cardiologist said it wasn't necessary for him anymore. Good luck and keep us posted-

An update about Scooby

Hi All,

Sorry not been online much had kids at home for summer holidays and then not been well so just getting back to normal.........

Scooby is still here (he is a miracle) , we have had a couple of times when he was coughing more so I had him to the vet and he said his chest was fine so we r just keeping him on the tablets hes on at the moment.

He has been my constant companion and now the kids are back at school its just the two of us again which I love.....:p

We dont look too far ahead but we r loving our time together right now......

Love
Sharon and Scooby

XX

Hi Sharon,

Happy tears are streaming down my face. cl*p I held my breath when I saw this new post and just sooooo glad to hear that Scooby is still here. I have thought of you often and wondered how Scooby has been. With Sydney fighting the same battles, I have looked to Scooby for inspiration. Both our dogs have pulled off miracles and I pray they will continue to do so for a very long time.

I know how you feel about being alone in the house with just you and Scooby. I too am home all day with just Sydney and I love our time together. It is special.:lotsaluv:

Big hugs to you and Scooby.:hug:

That's just fantastic news, you are in our thoughts every day. He truly is a miracle.

Sorry to hear you have been poorly too - hope everything is ok now?

I was half afraid to check the update....so pleased he is still with you and you are enjoying your time together:)

It so nice to hear good news on this forum.
Glad that Scooby is still with you he sounds a special little dog. Hope you are feeling better too.

I'm very glad to hear Scooby is still fighting :)

I'm off today and it's just me and the pups snoozing on the couch, the house is quiet except for little doggy snores, so I know what you mean about loving just being with Scooby. I think we all cherish these moments, and store them away for any bad days we have.

Back