• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Scooby still battling along - was "Not good news ... We're losing..."

Thanks guys for your support and prayers

Hi,

Iam so grateful for the overwhelming support I have been given by you all it means so much, the last 24 hours have been very traumatic scooby was very poorly and unable to stand for very long.... I increased his water tablets over the last 24/48 hours and I came down this morning ready to call the vet to see what they could do to help him......

All I can say is that thanks to your love and support and alot of prayers I was greeted by my liitle man with a wagging tail and if he could smile Iam sure he would have done , his breathing seems to be a little easier today so keeping him on high dose water tablets for another couple of days and keeping everything crossed we can get him stable........

Thanks for all your messages of support , we r not out of the woods but there is a glimmer of hope that my special little boy is going to stay with me a little while longer. Here's hoping......

Love and hugs
Sharon and Scooby

That's great news. Our cavaliers are such strong little creatures they just keep surprising us. I'm so glad Scooby feels a little better today and is wagging his tail.

WOW that really wasn't the news I expected to hear but it's made my day b*n*n*b*n*n*

So relieved he has perked up a bit, I'd put a call in to your vets to keep them posted on what's happened - and of course keep us posted, maybe all the positive thoughts from here have lifted you both :biggrin:

good to know things are looking up. Hoping he's back to his old self soon. Thinking of you and saying a little prayer.:hug:

Thank you so much for your support.................

Hi all,

I have been so touched by your support for me and scooby , I have been very emotional reading your posts it means the world
to me and scooby that you are praying for my little miracle man.........

I held his little head in my hands on sunday night and cried and begged him not to leave me yet and he looked into my eyes and
said 'Iam not just ready yet mum', I have been very ill for the last year and he has been my constant companion we have helped each other
through the worst of days and hes my best friend..... I know one day in the future I will lose him and I know when that time comes he will
be in my heart forever , for the moment hes come back from his near death experience if he was a cat he would have definately used up those nine lives......

Thank you all for your ongoing support it means the world to both of us.....

Love sharon and scooby

(y) I was holding my breath until I got to your post. Yet another reprieve, am so glad to hear this!! Come on Scooby, keep going little man, we're all behind you and praying for you to continue to improve.

Wow! Scooby must have part of the Energizer Bunny in him - he just keeps on going and going and going, thank heavens! Keep it up Scooby.

I'm sorry I missed this last weekend, it wasn't a good weekend for me.But I wanted to check and see how he's doing the last couple days. I'll keep you both in my prayers.

Your last post made me cry. They are our loyal companions always there for us.
Thinking of you and I hope and pray your little man will make it.

A little update on my little duracel bunny

Hi all,

Well scooby is still here , I seem to have got him a bit better by playing around with his water tablets , his breathing is easier and he seems a little better. His coughing is getting worse especially on hot days , had him to vets and they have said his chest is fairly clear and Iam doing all the right things we are just playing a juggling act with his medication.....

Every minute , hour and day I still have with him I treasure , hes been my little man since he was a puppy and we never imagined we would get him this far considering how ill he was as a puppy so it proves what a special little man he has been and how he has such a will to live..........

Hugs
Sharon and Scooby
XXXXXXXXX

Hi all,

Well scooby is still here , I seem to have got him a bit better by playing around with his water tablets , his breathing is easier and he seems a little better. His coughing is getting worse especially on hot days , had him to vets and they have said his chest is fairly clear and Iam doing all the right things we are just playing a juggling act with his medication.....

Every minute , hour and day I still have with him I treasure , hes been my little man since he was a puppy and we never imagined we would get him this far considering how ill he was as a puppy so it proves what a special little man he has been and how he has such a will to live..........

Hugs
Sharon and Scooby
XXXXXXXXX

My heart was in my mouth when I saw your name as posting on the thread Sharon; how nice it is to see some good news about your little man again. My old boy Rebel is my 'man of the house', so I know exactly where you are coming from.

You go Scooby, go man, go, go, go :jmp2:

Same here, so it's wonderful to hear the news that Scooby is battling on - glad you've been to the vets, it's important to check in with them esp if you are changing medication around.

So pleased that Scooby is battling on - he sounds like a real little fighter and lovely to see a photo of him, good that juggling with the medication is helping, we find that by increasing the frusemide for a few days when Jasper`s cough gets worse it seems to help a great deal, on his 3 months check with the vets last time he did say that he found dogs with MVD that stayed on a low dose of frusemide when medication was needed in his experience did better - we have gone from a quarter of a table to a whole tablet when things get worse - Jasper is normally on a half a day.

Back