• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Scooby still battling along - was "Not good news ... We're losing..."

smarsden99

:(

Hi All,

Iam afraid this update is not good news , scooby has deterioated and we are struggling to keep fluid off his chest, his breathing is very laboured and he is panting such alot..... The hot weather is not helping him either but hes not very well....

I was supposed to be celebrating my 40th bithday this weekend and was until scooby took a turn for the worse now all I can do is cry and worry how much time he has left...........

Sharon and Scooby

I am so sorry; I have been through this as well.

Have you tried an injection of frusemide/lasix to relieve the fluid? Also the addition of spironolactone, another diuretic? Though I lost my Lucy earlier this week, she had an additional happy 5 months after adding in spironolactone, which made a huge difference, and this kept her breathing far more comfortable. I had to up the dose once from 10mg to 20mg, the top of what she could get at her weight, but it really made such a difference for her.

On autopsy she did have some fluid in her belly, but her breathing and movement had not been bothered by it.

Hope he improves, and that you can try to enjoy your b-day at least a little bit. Try to focus on how much good extra time he has had with you from the point where you first posted... :) It has really been very many months of some good response to his care from you.

If he is really struggling I would get him in the vet asap to see if this can be relieved. :flwr:

Sharon, I've started this as a new thread as I was worried it might be missed.

I'm so desperately sorry to hear this news :( very hard for you, it's heartbreaking to watch them deteriorate. All you can do is keep him comfortable and treasure these days.

This hot weather really will not be helping him, I'm sure you are keeping him cool.

So sad that it has been your birthday weekend - but we are thinking of you and sending birthday greetings.

You and Scooby are in our thoughts

Sharon sent me this photo of Scooby for the calendar and I thought I would share it so we can keep him in our thoughts

original.jpg

Sending lots of prayers your way for Scooby and you. What a wonderful photo of him. He is a lovely dog. I hope you find the right meds to help him.

J.

So nice to see a picture of this gorgeous little tri. I have a weakness for them, as all who know me realise ;) And what an adorable face.

There is no way anyone can give up on a dog as beautiful as this one, so go back to that vet and take a print out of Karlin's posting with you so that you can both consider whether that form of revised treatment will help. It helped Karlin's dog, so why not yours.

I haven't heard the fat lady sing yet, so you go for it and let us know what the vet says please.:cool:

WE r LOSING THE BATTLE

So nice to see a picture of this gorgeous little tri. I have a weakness for them, as all who know me realise ;) And what an adorable face.

There is no way anyone can give up on a dog as beautiful as this one, so go back to that vet and take a print out of Karlin's posting with you so that you can both consider whether that form of revised treatment will help. It helped Karlin's dog, so why not yours.

I haven't heard the fat lady sing yet, so you go for it and let us know what the vet says please.:cool:

WE r LOSING THE BATTLE

Sharon,

I know this will be of no comfort to you, we have been there, but some-times you have to bite the Bullet.

Thinking of you,and Karlin I was so sorry to read about Lucy

Bet

Sharon, how is Scooby today? I thought about both of you all day yesterday and kept my fingers crossed that Scooby got some relief. I continue to keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. :hug:

Back