• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Scooby still battling along - was "Not good news ... We're losing..."

Sometimes dogs rally right before the end. My german shepherd did. I had called the vet one day to tell him that the next day we were going to be bringing her in to be put to sleep. Well, the next morning, she was acting like she was 5 years younger. She went up and down the stairs by herself and she hadn't done that without me slinging her hind legs for almost six months. In comparison to how she had been acting (she had a seizure disorder and progressive neurologic disorder) she was acting almost frisky! I called the vet and said I couldn't do it. Within two days though she took a turn for the worse and didn't move for almost 18 hours. I had to physically pick her up to move her. She couldn't even stand to pee. Then I knew it was time. I think she just wanted us to have one more special time with her before we all said good-bye. Maybe this was Scooby's one more special time with you.

Sometimes dogs rally right before the end. My german shepherd did. I had called the vet one day to tell him that the next day we were going to be bringing her in to be put to sleep. Well, the next morning, she was acting like she was 5 years younger. She went up and down the stairs by herself and she hadn't done that without me slinging her hind legs for almost six months. In comparison to how she had been acting (she had a seizure disorder and progressive neurologic disorder) she was acting almost frisky! I called the vet and said I couldn't do it. Within two days though she took a turn for the worse and didn't move for almost 18 hours. I had to physically pick her up to move her. She couldn't even stand to pee. Then I knew it was time. I think she just wanted us to have one more special time with her before we all said good-bye. Maybe this was Scooby's one more special time with you.

:cry*ing::cry*ing::cry*ing: oh my god! I'm just catching up on this thread now, I had to take the dogs out when I was on page 7, was telling my husband it looked like another cavalier was going to Rainbow Bridge. And WOW, what a turnaround, he definitely wants a bit more time with you, so precious.

My thoughts are with you and Scooby, I been there with my last dog who lived two more months to celebrate his 14th birthday with us eventhough the vet told me he could go any time. He was on a lot of medication and eventually passed on peacefully whilst sleeping.

Oh my gosh! Wow Scooby, you are one amazing dog.

I am sure your prayers were answered, even if only for a short time longer, Scooby wants to give you a little more and a story you will never forget. Now each day is a bonus, full of joy, and when it is his time to go, you will feel so blessed to get these extra moment. Sometimes I believe that even if we say we are ready, dogs are willing to hold on a little longer just to make sure :) Selfless little things.

Hugs to Scooby

A little update....

Hi,

The latest with scooby after our 'miracle' recovery last week is that we are managing at the moment to keep his chest clear , he is on the maximum dose of furosimide he can have and like to vet said we have nothing to lose. He is back to his normal self , exploring the garden , eating treats and giving the best cuddles.

Iam under no illusion that we are not going to have a long time with him and I know if his chest fills again there is nothing we can do and we have already talked over our wishes with the vet last week so we know what to do when the time comes.....

But for the moment we are enjoying every minute with my little guy and we dont plan too far ahead , one day at a time....

Hugs
Sharon and scooby XXX

WOW!!!!!!!! I,m so glad you wrote. I've been thinking of Scooby amd you. He is a miracle dog and a wonder dog all rolled up in one. Savor each precious moment with him. He totally rocks!

Oh that's really lovely to hear, just enjoy each precious day - I'm so glad he is having some extra days in the sunshine with you.

Quick Update

Scooby is still with us , he is now on the maximum dosage of fruisimide he can have and we know when this stops working then we have no options left.......

At the moment he has a decent quality of life , he can go for a wander round the garden with me a few times a day and he is still eating and drinking normally so until he starts to show us something is going wrong again we are enjoying every miniute with my special little man......

Sending all of you hugs especially the ones like us who are having a challenging time....

SHaron and Scooby XXX

sending you our warmest hugs

Gracie also sends a lickey. She asks if you can give a tummy rub to Scooby from her. We very much appreciate what it means to enjoy each day as it is.

Everytime I see this thread has been updated Sharon my stomach churns, but to come here and read this lovely news is just wonderful. Scooby has amazed us all, he enjoys life too much to leave, and that shows what a wonderful, loving, caring family he is blessed to share his life with.

We know you are treasuring every moment, and you are in our thoughts - thank you for keeping us updated.

Sharon, I'm so glad you updated us. I've been thinking about you and Scooby and glad you are still enjoying him. It's so reassuring to see them still enjoying life even if it is a little slower. Hugs to you for taking such good care of him.

Sydney and I send you all tons of good wishes.:hug:

I'm also happy to hear that Scooby has been blessed with a little more time! Enjoy every moment :hug:

Thnak you for the update, I was wondering how he is doing...so good to hear he is still enjoying his time with you and you with him xx

Dear Sharon and Scooby,
I am new here so I've just learmed of the terrible times you 2 have been going through :( I can't tell you how sad it makes me feel. I wish I could help you in some way. I just recently lost a Cav, not due to ilness, but to a speeding car, and I can't even begin to describe the void Rio left behind... Thankfully, I have Amelie to comfort me now.
Hug Scooby, rub his tummy all the time, give him his favourite treats, play with his as much as you can - Amelie and I will be sending you happy thoughts so that your time with Scooby lasts as long as possible :) And a kiss from Amelie sure can't hurt ;)

I apologize, I thought I had responded to this thread, but in less it's in the first few pages, I don't see anything.

Scooby us truly a miracle dog. I am glad you've had this time to get your head around (as much as one can) having to say goodbye. We very recently had to say goodbye to our other dog. He was like your Scooby, and been through sooo much, but always kept up the fight, and was a happy dog. As long as he is comfortable and happy, then all is well.

It must be especially hard with younger children at home. Enjoy your Summer days with your sweet boy, and know that we're here to hold your hand when the time comes.

Hugs to you all, and especially Scooby.

Scooby says Thank you

Scooby wanted me to post on here to say thank you for all your support and kind words and to say he is being spoiled rotten by his mum and family and its all the love and support he is getting at home and from this forum which is spirring him to keep up the battle.

Hugs

Scooby (and his mum) XXX

:jmp2:

Way to go Scooby!

So happy about this news! Scooby is an inspiration to me and Sydney. We continue to keep him in our thoughts and prayers every day. :hug:

Good to read that Scooby it still with you and leading a reasonable quality of life - he is a real little fighter.

Back