• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Alfie meets Jacob, the 10 week old Doberman puppy

Blueroses

Well Jacob and his owners ( my closest friends ) stayed over the weekend. A first outing for him, and vaccinations ( plus one week ) now completed on both, a first meeting of big puppy little puppy !

At first the Dobi was very frightened ( yes the Dobi ) but then again he was on unfamiliar territory, meeting new people and another dog for the first time. Alfie went ' Yippeeeeee a playmate !' then proceeded to chase Jacob all around the garden. After a while of keeping things under control, they both went for a nap. On waking, the tables turned and Jacob chased Alfie. This time Alfie was scared and kept hiding in the bushes. We put them both on leads and let them sniff and suss each other out. After a while and over a couple of days, a balance was struck. They followed each other around and wanted to play. The only problem was that Alfie in typical cavalier fashion, wanted to leap and prance all over Jacob, nipping his ears and nose whilst wagging his tail like it might come off! Naturally Jacob would only stand so much of this and then he took nips at Alfie. I was terrified to be honest but they were kept on leads and corrected if it all got a bit much. I thought Alfie would back off after a few nips but nooooooo.... he yelped loudly, then went in for more. Jacob has huge jaws and I was extremely worried, but Alfie wouldn't leave him alone. On a couple of occasions Jacob got a bit rough and I hated seeing him grab chunks of Alfie :(:(:( They will meet again at Dobi's house next weekend ( worried face
redface.gif
) I so want them to grow up together and be friends but we are 125 miles apart so they will only meet up every 3 weeks. What do you all think?

First introduction
JnA9.jpg

JnA8.jpg

Then the rough stuff started
JnA37.jpg

JnA32.jpg

All tuckered out
Buddies.jpg

Later that evening
Sleepingpartners.jpg

Iluvswinnie.jpg

Sleepingpartners2.jpg

Love the pics, especially the 2nd to last - look at the size of those paws :p Sounds like first intro went well enough; hope they continue to be great friends.

Great pics! Alfie looks so happy to have a friend! Jacob is definitely cute with the stuffed toy. Your vaccinations must be different over there because Toby will not be done until the end of August.
Becky

Great pics! Alfie looks so happy to have a friend! Jacob is definitely cute with the stuffed toy. Your vaccinations must be different over there because Toby will not be done until the end of August.
Becky

Generally speaking they have the first one at 8 weeks, then 2 weeks later the second one. They can then go out a further week after that.:smile:

Oh ok I understand. On friday our vet said she still did not want Toby out with other dogs until after his 3rd shots but would hope we could hold off until after he has all of them.
I would have definitely been freaking out though and probably would have separated the 2 but I am such a worry wart. You did real well keeping your cool!
Becky

Generally speaking they have the first one at 8 weeks, then 2 weeks later the second one. They can then go out a further week after that.:smile:

Great photo's. They look lovely together.
I understand why you were worried, you did the right thing by introducing them and making sure they could be retreeved by being on a lead.
Hopefully they'll calm down as they get older....but some how I doubt iticon_blshing

Just keep a close eye when they're playing and I bet they'll be best buddies in no time.

Back