• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The cavalier breed at a cross-road

Sorry. It still is something that can be screened for. I am not a breeder so I don't make the decisions on how to handle genetic conditions, but if there are tools to help, then I would want a puppy from a breeder that uses them. ...

But you know how certain people will jump on a quote like that.

Here is a scenario: The bitch has a grade 2 or 3 (out of 4) luxating patella. She also meets the MVD breeding protocol and is an "A" under the SM breeding protocol. What to do, Anne?

My guess is the breeder would look for a stud with good patellas and mate them.

Not be a Breeder! I think chic emphasis is not to breed. However, since it says that luxating patellas is very low with well breed cavaliers, I would hope not an issue.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

But you know how certain people will jump on a quote like that.

Why? Bottom line creating additonal problems with mvd to reduce cm/sm however is not something I agree with. Forget it. I said it better before

The cavalier breed at a cross road

Why? Bottom line creating additonal problems with mvd to reduce cm/sm however is not something I agree with. Forget it. I said it better before

THE CAVALIER BREED AT A CROSS ROAD

Anne, could you plese tell me how a Cavalier Breeder can Breed away from CM when around 90% of Cavaliers have the Condition ,there are Several or Many Genes involved ,it is a Complex Condition and there are No DNA Tests on the Market for a Complex Condition.

It has been said in the Latest Veterinary Paper that Selective Cavalier Breeding will be Difficult to Elimate the Genetic Risk for SM because the Disease is Complex and the Prevalance of the Determinant Genes within the within the Cavalier Population is likely to be High

Do you know how many Cavaliers MRI Scanned A also had CM.I think this is a Question that should be being asked.

Bet

Anne, could you plese tell me how a Cavalier Breeder can Breed away from CM when around 90% of Cavaliers have the Condition ,there are Several or Many Genes involved ,it is a Complex Condition and there are No DNA Tests on the Market for a Complex Condition.

It has been said in the Latest Veterinary Paper that Selective Cavalier Breeding will be Difficult to Elimate the Genetic Risk for SM because the Disease is Complex and the Prevalance of the Determinant Genes within the within the Cavalier Population is likely to be High

Do you know how many Cavaliers MRI Scanned A also had CM.I think this is a Question that should be being asked.

Bet

Bet, You are continually asking variations of the above question, of pet owners on this forum, including myself. How can we answer? we don't have expertise in this.
How can any of us pet owners know how many MRI scanned A also have CM? - If I were you, I would ask the researchers this. They will have the information.

The cavalier breed at a cross road

Bet, You are continually asking variations of the above question, of pet owners on this forum, including myself. How can we answer? we don't have expertise in this.
How can any of us pet owners know how many MRI scanned A also have CM? - If I were you, I would ask the researchers this. They will have the information.

Working on This

Bet

Back