• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

White Blood Cell Count

DSB Cavs

Back on June 10th, my vet diagnosed Sasha with IVDD, basically a ruptured disk. I have an appt to see a surgeon for a consultation on Thursday. In the meantime, my regular vet did her blood tests again because her white blood cell count was at 24,000 when we got the test results back after her diagnosis. He put her on an antibiotic called Orbax and she finished it on June 30th. On July 1st, I took her in to have her blood drawn and my vet just called to tell me that her white blood count is now 29,000. He asked if I was still taking her to the consultation with the surgeon and I said I was. He said he was interested to see what the surgeon thought of her test results and mentioned menangitis.

Sasha is on Pred and she is doing well with 1/2 of a 20 mg tablet once a day at night. In the morning she has a big smile on her face and her tail is wagging like normal.

Has anyone had a Cav with menangitis? Also, is there anyone out there from CA that is familiar with Southern California Veterinary Specialty Hospital in Irvine? We are taking Sasha to see Dr. Berry.

I am really sorry to hear Sasha has disk trouble, I have no medical advice about her blood count/meningitis but I hope that she is okay, good to read she is happy and wagging her tail, good luck with her appointment I hope everything is okay, its a big worry when they are unwell :flwr:

Yes you are right, I jumped in too quickly, sorry for any confusionicon_blshing

:oops:

One way or another, I hope Sasha will be ok and has a speedy recovery.

Back