• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Adive on what to use to clean ears

pkt89

Hi,
My Bee has just been diagnosed with PSOM, his ears were flushed. Would you recommend me any ear solution to use on a regular basis to keep ears cleaned?
Thanks
Kitty

Hi Kitty, sorry Bee has been diagnosed with PSOM. There are many people here with dogs that have this. My Dougall has PSOM. This is what I do.

Using warm damp cotton wool, I wipe around the opening of the ear every week ensuring everything looks clean and pink. I do not use a cleaning solution but that doesn't mean it is wrong. I know people here do.

It is important to keep the inside of the ear flaps around the opening trimmed, so air can circulate when Bee is running around in the fresh air. If the ears are to heavy and air can't get to them, this will create a warm damp environment. An ideal place for ear mites etc.

There are some quick tips regarding this on my website, www.cavaliermatters.org

Back