• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

MVD - EPIC Study

Wow just had a read through. Thanks Nicki.
Going to try to withdraw Murphy from the trial and stop his vetmedin/placebo tablet straight away.

Murphy'sMom,

You may want to discuss with your vet about making you fully aware of the current state of research, and potential negatives of before including you in a clinical trial. While these studies are critical to the advancement of medicine (both animal and human), you have a right to be informed beforehand and to opt out of trials based on this information.

I never got informed of negative effects of the trial... I am going to call cardiologist on Monday to discuss trial some more... In the 9 months murphy has been on the trial the only thing that has changed is his bpm for his heart. Hoping his tablet is the placebo.

I never got informed of negative effects of the trial... I am going to call cardiologist on Monday to discuss trial some more... In the 9 months murphy has been on the trial the only thing that has changed is his bpm for his heart. Hoping his tablet is the placebo.

I am sure he will try to talk you out of dropping out. So be prepared with some print outs of those quotes from other cardiologists and those research journal articles.

Back