• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Objects in the mouth

I second the vote for a pole. Fall is coming and want to see more pictures.:snap:

Brilliant idea for a thread, but sadly some of these items really worry me :(

Cigarettes are highly poisonous to dogs, take them away as soon as possible.

Sticks can splinter in the mouth which is at the very least unpleasant for the dog. Don't EVER throw a stick for a dog, they can cause horrendous injuries and even fatalities :( Sticks can land so they are pointing upwards and rip the dog's throat or chest when they go to pick them up. This happened to a deerhound near me, he had to be rushed to the veterinary hospital at Edinburgh, over 5 hours away as it was too complicated for the local vets. They were lucky and he pulled through, but at a huge cost emotionally and financially.

Golfballs have a toxic centre, so be careful especially if your dog is a chewer. Larger dogs could also swallow these whole.

My entry - that's my dose you've got!!

original.jpg

Sadly Rob [robbieswan] recently lost his Mother, so is not around at present. I will therefore close the competition tomorrow evening 9pm BST and set up the poll - can someone PM me if it doesn't happen please?? Thank you.

Last edited:
Golfballs have a toxic centre, so be careful especially if your dog is a chewer. Larger dogs could also swallow these whole.

Not to worry Nicki, Mika only gets them by accident (she steals them as we are getting ready to go golfing). I only let her play with it for a few minutes and then take it away. Mostly she enjoys the way they roll and chasing them - rather than chewing. I'd never let her have one long enough to start chewing through it.

Thank you for that - yes very sensible.

I know our board members are pretty sensible but thought this was a good opportunity to make sure everyone was aware of the dangers, especially as we often have visitors to the board who might not know :( so this could save their dog from unnecessary injuries or worse...

I will therefore close the competition tomorrow evening 9pm BST and set up the poll - can someone PM me if it doesn't happen please?? Thank you

:yikesno one reminded me!

The rules say only one photo per board member :( so unless you indicate otherwise your entry will be the first photo you've posted.

to give time to sort it out, I will now do the poll Tues 9pm [hopefully!]

Please do enter - I got distracted and still haven't managed to do the poll :) so closing at 9pm tonight BST

Back