• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Which Isle of Dogs products are best for Cavs?

Ladybug

I've done some research and it seems that Isle of Dogs shampoos and conditioners are highly recommended by many Cavalier owners, and as it's available in Australia I'd like to order some.

I'd just like to know for those who have experience with this brand - which are your preferred shampoo and conditioner? Some seem to prefer the Royal Jelly and others, the Evening Primrose. And I'm guessing the Heavy Management for the conditioner?

Lady is 7 months and her tail is very full, the rest of her coat is starting to come in, but her ears are still short and very thin.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated :)

I like the Royal Jelly and the Heavy Management. They also have a great grooming spray!

FWIW, I've tried a number of premium grooming products, including Isle of Dogs, since I have a friend who is a groomer and always has new products for me to sample.

I still absolutely love, above all other products, Tropiclean shampoo - there are quite a few formulas but I like the Papaya Plus. Since I have four dogs and (as many in the US) I bathe my four more frequently than many, the cost difference is quite significant. I purchase shampoo in one or two and a half gallon sizes for cost efficiency. Friends always comment on what nice coats my four have and how nice they always smell. Since my little rescue girl insists on sleeping UNDER the covers every night right up against me even during the hot summer months, soft and good smelling are important to me! Even if the cost was equal, I still prefer the Tropiclean product.

Pat

I use and love their primrose whitening shampoo (no 16 I think?) and their heavy management conditioner (#51)

Back