• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Barney

matties mum

Barney was at the vets on Monday Evening and went into the vets for xrays on Tuesday Morning they kept him overnight until Wednesday morning he has got severve arthritis in all his legs and hips also got a fused knee
---Aileen

Oh goodness that's horrendous at his age :(

Do they know what's caused it? Perhaps an autoimmune condition?

I don't have any knowledge or experience of this, sorry - I'm hoping Pat will post :)

Let us know what the vet says please - thinking of you, what a dreadful shock for you :(:(

Hi Aileen, Did the vet mention anything about Luxating Patella, I remember sometime ago you mentioned Barney had been diagnosed with this.
What made you take him to the vet on Monday? Hugs to you both :hug:

When I got the telephone call yesterday I was very upset so had to ring in the afternoon to see when he could come home they put him on a drip so he stayed in overnight I have not had a dog so young with this condition we are going to see how it goes to control the pain I will not allow him to suffer unduly so I hope we can do something for him
---Aileen

Poor poor baby. He's so young. I just know when Oliver has pain from his arthritis how badly I feel for him - but he's 10+ years old! I feel for you. Hugs to you.

Barney is going on OK at the moment little walks and often still in a lot of pain but he is coping I think
--Aileen

Back