Thread: Charlie's first proper prize in Agility!!!

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Charlie's first proper prize in Agility!!!

I've been very down since Sunday, wha with Ruby being so poorly that I completely forgot to share the results of our Agillity Weekend!!

Apart from the fact that is was cut short by Ruby being poorly, Charlie did me so so proud and came away with 5th in Introductory Agility, 9th in Introductory Jumping and Came 7th on day 2 in the Introductory Agility too!

These were classes of 40 + dogs of all heights, so he ws competilng against all the Border Coliies and such like!

He was the highest placed Mini dog all weekend

And Ruby also had a sucess on Saturday before she fell ill and got a 5th place in the Introductory Jumping!!
    She was the only Micro dog to place in the top 20, agin competing against all the large dogs!

She is taller than Charlie but because we only do the British Agility Association shows and not the KC shows she is allowed to jump the smallest height they have due to her SM- not that she appears to be struggling of course!!

So they came home with a big orange Rosette each!!

Karen

Ruby - my stunning soul mate who defies the odds every day
    Charlie- my angel at heart and devil at play

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome!
    Mindy Tri - Feb/97
    Max - Ruby - Sep/08
    Rylie - B&T - June/09

Post Thanks / Like

Very well done! The first rosettes, even if they're fifths and sixths, are really the best! Aled won a fifth in PreBeginners in May (about 30 in the class) and I was so proud of him.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kate H View Post
    Very well done! The first rosettes, even if they're fifths and sixths, are really the best! Aled won a fifth in PreBeginners in May (about 30 in the class) and I was so proud of him.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

I think its even more special as he is a rescue? Do you have that as well?

Karen

Ruby - my stunning soul mate who defies the odds every day
    Charlie- my angel at heart and devil at play

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, the judge's report said 'Aled is such a happy chappie' and I thought back 2 years to the scared, overweight, rather scruffy Cavalier from Many Tears who wasn't house or lead trained and was nervous of everything - my trainer said to me the other day that she never thought I would manage to train him. He has really blossomed, though I think most of the credit goes to Oliver! And he loves working - his tail never stops wagging in the ring, though he still finds stays a bit stressful when the ring is full of big dogs. I think working rescues really helps their confidence, because they get so much praise and fuss for every little thing they get right - and in my experience Cavaliers just love learning.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! That's a grand collection of rosettes!
    Desrae, guardian of two tri-coloured cavaliers, Belle 3 years old and Bobby 1 year/8 months.

Post Thanks / Like

Be proud, because getting 9th in Jumping against the collies is a massive achievement. Charlie must be really quick. I donít even enter the jumping or steeple chase any more as the collies always win it.
    I am at EMDAC at the weekend.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "