• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Charlie's first proper prize in Agility!!!

Karen and Ruby

I've been very down since Sunday, wha with Ruby being so poorly that I completely forgot to share the results of our Agillity Weekend!!

Apart from the fact that is was cut short by Ruby being poorly, Charlie did me so so proud and came away with 5th in Introductory Agility, 9th in Introductory Jumping and Came 7th on day 2 in the Introductory Agility too!

These were classes of 40 + dogs of all heights, so he ws competilng against all the Border Coliies and such like!

He was the highest placed Mini dog all weekend :*nana:

261920_10150237235318671_684988670_7623764_6825838_n.jpg

And Ruby also had a sucess on Saturday before she fell ill and got a 5th place in the Introductory Jumping!!
She was the only Micro dog to place in the top 20, agin competing against all the large dogs!

She is taller than Charlie but because we only do the British Agility Association shows and not the KC shows she is allowed to jump the smallest height they have due to her SM- not that she appears to be struggling of course!!

So they came home with a big orange Rosette each!!

Very well done! The first rosettes, even if they're fifths and sixths, are really the best! Aled won a fifth in PreBeginners in May (about 30 in the class) and I was so proud of him.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Very well done! The first rosettes, even if they're fifths and sixths, are really the best! Aled won a fifth in PreBeginners in May (about 30 in the class) and I was so proud of him.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

I think its even more special as he is a rescue? Do you have that as well?

Yes, the judge's report said 'Aled is such a happy chappie' and I thought back 2 years to the scared, overweight, rather scruffy Cavalier from Many Tears who wasn't house or lead trained and was nervous of everything - my trainer said to me the other day that she never thought I would manage to train him. He has really blossomed, though I think most of the credit goes to Oliver! And he loves working - his tail never stops wagging in the ring, though he still finds stays a bit stressful when the ring is full of big dogs. I think working rescues really helps their confidence, because they get so much praise and fuss for every little thing they get right - and in my experience Cavaliers just love learning.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Be proud, because getting 9[SUP]th[/SUP] in Jumping against the collies is a massive achievement. Charlie must be really quick. I don’t even enter the jumping or steeple chase any more as the collies always win it.
I am at EMDAC at the weekend.

Be proud, because getting 9[SUP]th[/SUP] in Jumping against the collies is a massive achievement. Charlie must be really quick. I don’t even enter the jumping or steeple chase any more as the collies always win it.
I am at EMDAC at the weekend.

Oh I was- could've cried!

Our next show is Norwich at Beginning of August. I only ever enter Ruby in Jumping and Steeplechase as she wouldn't be able to do an A-frame if it popped up in the Agility courses- she got a 5th a few weeks back in the Up 'N' Under and then 5th this weekend in the Jumping. She's like a little pocket rocket when she gets going- did it in 25 seconds flat!!

That is fantastic. Your agility names sound so different from ours, so I'm not sure what they are actually winning in, but it's great that they are doing so well. I might have to do some research to see what your different events are. Ours are: Standard, Steeple Chase, Gamblers, Jumpers, and Snookers.

That is fantastic. Your agility names sound so different from ours, so I'm not sure what they are actually winning in, but it's great that they are doing so well. I might have to do some research to see what your different events are. Ours are: Standard, Steeple Chase, Gamblers, Jumpers, and Snookers.

We have Steeplechase which consists of just jumps
Up 'N' Under is Jumps and Tunnels
Jumping consists of Jumps and weaves and tunnels
Agility is everything so all the eqipment aswell
Helterskelter is when the jumps are circled like a helterskelter! (or snail shell)
Triple A is where you do the A frame 3 times (and can consist of other equipment as well)
Then you have Jump and Touch- where you have to complete a jumping course clear and if you do that you go on to complete the touch point equipment- if at any point you are faulted, the whistle blows and you stop there!

This is just the British Agility Association way of life- I don't do the Kennel Club shows so can't comment on those!!

That's very interesting. It looks like we have only 3 in common. Your Agility is like our Standard. Jumpers are the same. I have no idea what our Steeple Chase. We will be doing our first one next weekend. I've been hesitating to do one before since it is only at the master's level. People say we're ready for it, so we're going to give it a try.

Back