• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Introducing to new dogs...

SophieLightyear

I'm not sure if this is the right section and i apologise if it isn't....
Anyway, Benji is going to be meeting my cousins two dogs this weekend and i was wondering if anyone had any hints to make sure things go as smoothly as possible. He can generally be a little scared around other dogs when we're at the park but once they walk off he wants to chase after them and play. I'm hoping that the dogs will all get along so i can take Benji with me when i go and see them.

My suggestion would be to introduce him to the more easygoing one first and when he's comfortable with that dog introduce the second. Meeting two dogs at once can be overwhelming for a nervous one, especially two dogs who are bonded. I've walked a strange foster dog straight into my sitting room to meet my five dogs and had no problems - it's all about knowing the dogs. You know Benji can be nervous meeting new dogs but at the same time if you anticipate that it'll happen. Try to chill [easier said than done :rolleyes:]. Good luck, and have fun.

Back