• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cassie awarded her wings

Dublin

Im so sad to say that my lovely Jack Russell Cassie was awarded her wings last night.

Poor baby had a stroke last tuesday night - I blame Gordon Ramsay as she had the stroke in the middle of hells kitchen! She recovered well & over the weekend wanted to go for little slow walkies, however monday she took a turn for the worse & monday night she couldnt get comfy even though she was on the bed with us. Yesterday morning she seemed a bit distant but ate her breakfast so i thought we were on the up but unfortunatly not.

Later yesterday she was clearly in pain, very vacant & couldnt hold her own weight up. Her eyes told me she'd had enough, we sat out in the sun last night & then went to our vet who agreed that my poor Cass had had enough so we let her go. She passed quickley in my arms & we stayed cuddeling her for a while after she'd gone.

Im devastated as even though she was almost 14 she was doing well untill the stroke took her, its so unfair.

6dffa5da-371d-0e74.jpg

Cass a couple of months ago hogging all the beds!

6dffa5da-3745-ed74.jpg

Cass sunbathing in the garden a couple of weeks ago

I'm so sorry. She was very happy with you. You gave her a wonderful 14 years, and she did the same. It's always hard to say goodbye, but we're here for you.
Have fun at Rainbow Bridge Cassie.

Sorry for your loss

Sonya,
So sorry you lost Cassie, those are lovely photos of her and show how happy and content she was.
Run free little Cassie.

I'm so very sorry Sonia - very hard when they have been such a big part of your life for many years :( You were blessed to have so much time together though, and it's good that Cassie had been really well until the last week.

The photos are lovely and I hope that they give you comfort and in time they will be happy memories.

Oh bless your heart. I am so sorry to hear about Cassie. I had to say goodbye to my Nash two weeks ago, and just haven't had the heart to write about it.No matter how long they are with us, it hurts like heck. Sounds like Cassie was a wonderful dog, and so much part of all your life's. Praying that you will find comfort and peace and soon be able to smile with the memories rather than cry.Hugs,

I am so sorry. I know sometimes words can't comfort the loss but I am thinking of you

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Oh Sonia, I am so very sorry. Cassie has been a part of this board too with all the cavaliers! I love the pictures you have posted and it is clear how well loved she was over so many years. My thoughts are with you. :flwr:

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments, im still coming to terms with loosing Cass but it truely helps having so many people who understand.

I wish the man who delivered my chinese take away last night understood why i was crying when i opened the door. I was crying because he knocked on the door but there was no barking, Cass used to go mad when people came to the door - she thought she was a rotty sometimes!

I am so sorry for your loss. Cassie was a lucky little girl to have been loved so much :hug:

Thinking of you Sonia. I was so sorry to hear about Cass. She had a grand time here on her last visit with the gang. She was a credit to you - I know Sparky & Lucy are looking after you. :hug: It sounds crazy but I'll miss her bark when the gang visit next!!

Thats quite funny really Thelma, the night after Cass died i ordered take away & when it arrived the man knocked the door & i just sat there, he then banged really loud, i was waiting for the bark! I then answered the door with tears running down my face - yer man must have wondered what kind of freak i was!!

Its silly things like that I miss, i also miss not having 3 bowls at feeding time & i feel like ive forgotten something as theres no meds to go in the food.

Yesterday i bought Lucy & Sparky a new toy, a fluffy squeeky goose, i felt a bit sad as i could never buy toys like that as Cass would De-squeek & De-fluff toys like that.

I just found a load of old photos & this was among them, I recon it must be arround 10-11 years old!! (was taken at pets at home in poole, dorset). I cant get over how dark Cassies face was when she was young!!

Leo is the other dog in the photo, he was my gorgeous Maltese x Chinese Crested who passed away in 2008 & helped me find Cavaliers!

6dffa5da-0a6b-dd63.jpg

Back