• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Alfie will soon be a 40 a day man

Blueroses

Does anyone else absolutely hate cigarette ends? Alfie and I are out walking now ( he is 13 weeks old, where did that time go? ) Every few yards I seem to have to stop to extricate a cigarette end from his mouth. He makes a bee line for them! Grrrrrrrrr :bang:

Ugh, I hear you!!!! When Brooklyn was a puppy it drove me nuts...not just because I have a dog, but really, these people wouldn't through their kitchen trash out the window...why do they think they can throw a cigarette butt and not consider it garbage??

Anywho, Brooklyn soon learned that butts were not for her, so it was only a phase of about a month, now she doesn't give them a second look...so hopefully Alfie will follow suit soon!

Indeed a disgusting habit. He might lose interest... but you can always teach him the Leave It command. My two Bobby and Belle have a penchant for disgarded chewing gum. When walking in town, they think it's gum hunting time! I have been unsuccessful teaching them the Leave It command, I just look out for it while walking. They have lost interest, but still.
Hoping Alfie quits his habit soon.

Benjis being doing this for ages! It drives me insane because in the park it seems to literally be every few seconds. Thankfully it's not all the time, although i do now spend a lot of my time looking out for cigarette butts so i can either stand on them or distract him with something else!

Oh no! Sounds like he needs to be in a program to kick the habit:rotfl: Seriously though I feel your pain but with rocks (pebbles)! I seriously don't know how he finds them. He will dig in the grass and get one. It scares me so much. Our vet says rocks and socks are the top of the list of surgeries she does.
I hope both Alfie and Toby can learn Leave it or even drop it for that matter.
Becky

Back