Thread: Coco Earned More Freedom!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Coco Earned More Freedom!

Coco has been such a good little girl lately, we decided to give her the entire kitchen to stay in while we are out. It is day 3 of this new space and she seems happier. The good news is the floors are clean and dry and cabinets not chewed on. So far so good, hope she stays a little princess! I see free run of the house near in her future.

Post Thanks / Like

So wonderful! Your little girl is growing up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Ah I remember those days so well, the baby gate moving from room to room and then disapearing completely! Wont be long now for little Coco!!

Karen

Ruby - my stunning soul mate who defies the odds every day
    Charlie- my angel at heart and devil at play

Post Thanks / Like

Go Ruby!
    I wonder is this will ever happen for us...we have a total open floor plan type house, so taking away that one small space I can baby gate mean, full run of absolutely everything (vs. little by little). Oh, maybe someday!

How old is Ruby now??

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynMom View Post
    Go Ruby!
    I wonder is this will ever happen for us...we have a total open floor plan type house, so taking away that one small space I can baby gate mean, full run of absolutely everything (vs. little by little). Oh, maybe someday!

How old is Ruby now??

Ah bless- Ruby is 5 nearly but she had run of the house by the age of 1 yrs, mind you she has never shown any interest in chewing things or being naughty in the house!
    Charlie came to me at 9 months, not toilet trained and certainly a destructive little man but slowly but surely the baby gate has led him more and more space, I now only have it on the door way to my spare bedroom as it is lovely and newly decorated and its all white so definately not a place for a mucky cav who finds pleasure in rolling in all sorts of crap!

You will know in your heart whether your little ones are ready or not- watch them when you ignore them and see what they do- if they are intent on destruction and chewing then its probably not the time.... but you can wean them on to more appropriate things to chew on!

Karen

Ruby - my stunning soul mate who defies the odds every day
    Charlie- my angel at heart and devil at play

Post Thanks / Like

Good girl Coco. I love it when they move up.

Post Thanks / Like

That's great! Are you talking about when you are gone or when your there? Piper is still in his crate if I have to leave because he learned to jump out of his pen but he has free run of the house when we are home.

Post Thanks / Like

When we are gone now she has the kitchen. When we are home she has free run of whichever level of the house we are one

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I've given up penning Oliver this past week (he's 18 1/2 weeks old now). He was very upset being physically separated from Clancy. Both boys are confined to the kitchen/family room area with gates. I have been putting Oliver in a belly band, but was worried about destructive chewing. Thus far, he's been good! And we came home yesterday to find them both sleeping peacefully on the sofa together.
    ~Denise and Clancy, Dillon (gone to The Bridge), and baby Oliver