• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Coco Earned More Freedom!

Zumie05

Coco has been such a good little girl lately, we decided to give her the entire kitchen to stay in while we are out. It is day 3 of this new space and she seems happier. The good news is the floors are clean and dry and cabinets not chewed on. So far so good, hope she stays a little princess! I see free run of the house near in her future.

Ah I remember those days so well, the baby gate moving from room to room and then disapearing completely! Wont be long now for little Coco!!

Go Ruby!
I wonder is this will ever happen for us...we have a total open floor plan type house, so taking away that one small space I can baby gate mean, full run of absolutely everything (vs. little by little). Oh, maybe someday!

How old is Ruby now??

Go Ruby!
I wonder is this will ever happen for us...we have a total open floor plan type house, so taking away that one small space I can baby gate mean, full run of absolutely everything (vs. little by little). Oh, maybe someday!

How old is Ruby now??

Ah bless- Ruby is 5 nearly but she had run of the house by the age of 1 yrs, mind you she has never shown any interest in chewing things or being naughty in the house!
Charlie came to me at 9 months, not toilet trained and certainly a destructive little man but slowly but surely the baby gate has led him more and more space, I now only have it on the door way to my spare bedroom as it is lovely and newly decorated and its all white so definately not a place for a mucky cav who finds pleasure in rolling in all sorts of crap!

You will know in your heart whether your little ones are ready or not- watch them when you ignore them and see what they do- if they are intent on destruction and chewing then its probably not the time.... but you can wean them on to more appropriate things to chew on!

That's great! Are you talking about when you are gone or when your there? Piper is still in his crate if I have to leave because he learned to jump out of his pen but he has free run of the house when we are home.

When we are gone now she has the kitchen. When we are home she has free run of whichever level of the house we are one :)

I've given up penning Oliver this past week (he's 18 1/2 weeks old now). He was very upset being physically separated from Clancy. Both boys are confined to the kitchen/family room area with gates. I have been putting Oliver in a belly band, but was worried about destructive chewing. Thus far, he's been good! And we came home yesterday to find them both sleeping peacefully on the sofa together. :lotsaluv:

Back