Thread: Need recommendations

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need recommendations

I really need a good detangler for Willow...her ears get so matted even though I brush/comb them 2X's daily.

Also Shampoos & Conditioners what do you use?

With 3 of these beautiful little dogs I'm trying to find products that are reasonably priced but also work best for them

Any and all recommendations would be appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

I am not sure if you can get it where you are in shops, but you would be able to get it online.
    Anything from the Fido's range is AMAZING! and well priced.

My favourites are the tea tree oil shampoo and the emu oil shampoo. They both smell absolutely GORGEOUS and the smell lasts for a few days.
    I have found that the emu oil is really nice and makes them really soft and shiny, the tea tree is also great but does not make them as shiny, more soft and cuddly though

I also use Coat Handler's leave in concentrated conditioner that has been diluted with water in a spray bottle. The dilution rate is on the bottle It is wonderful and works well without adding any extra weight or greasiness to your dogs coat.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: Here is a link to the website for the company that makes Fido's: http://www.mavlab.com.au/
    Last edited by denali; 24th August 2011 at 10:39 AM. Reason: found you a link :)
    ~ Kokoda - Ruby - DOB 26/02/2011, Deniki - Tricolour - DOB 17/02/2013 and RIPAnzac ~

Post Thanks / Like

Default Firstly just bump it up for you!

I thought i'd conduct an experiment for you, I washed two dogs, one in each of the shampoos.

I have noticed that you can smell the emu oil shampoo more and for longer, and the dog is shinier. (however i do not know if that is due to the shampoon or just the dog!)
    And i even diluted the emu oil shampoo, approximately 1 part shampoo to 7 parts water. About that, and even diluted it still smells a bit stronger.
    It is a lovely smell though, not sickening like some shampoos i have used. Hope this helps a bit.
    ~ Kokoda - Ruby - DOB 26/02/2011, Deniki - Tricolour - DOB 17/02/2013 and RIPAnzac ~