Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not A Lot Of Cavaliers About

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Not A Lot Of Cavaliers About

Hi

Having just come back from a weeks holiday in The Lakes and walking around all the popular tourist spots
    from Mayport to Whitehaven to Grassmere to Windermere we saw a grand total of four other Cavaliers in
    the week,and not one a puppy .I also noticed of the many varied visitors from other countries it always
    seemed the Japanese visitors seemed more taken with our Cavaliers than any of our other guests ,is that
    because of the beautiful little Chins and other small breeds that developed in the east.?
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

When we were in Devon last year we saw many cavaliers when we were out and about. Always stopped for a chat with the owners like you do.
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Interesting..

I do know that my good friends from Japan told me that because homes there are so much smaller usually that small breeds are almost a necessity. Also, in the cities, many do not have any yard at all and must walk long way to parks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I keep forgetting what popular dogs Cavaliers are in the U.K. In the U.S., they are still fairly rare and mine are usually the only ones in the dog park! Most frequent first question from strangers is to ask me what breed they are.
    ~Denise and Clancy, Dillon (gone to The Bridge), and baby Oliver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StillPooh View Post
    I keep forgetting what popular dogs Cavaliers are in the U.K. In the U.S., they are still fairly rare and mine are usually the only ones in the dog park! Most frequent first question from strangers is to ask me what breed they are.
    That varies quite a bit depending on what part of the country you are in - in Atlanta there are many, many Cavaliers and I see them everywhere.

Pat
    Pat B
    Atlanta, GA

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like there are many in the Seattle area but down where I am there doesn't seem to be as many. I would love to find a play group to join but I can't find one where I am. Maybe its a big city/little town issue LOL
    Becky

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Becky, I found a Cavalier group that gets together once a month on meetup.com. You might have similar luck!
    ~Denise and Clancy, Dillon (gone to The Bridge), and baby Oliver

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. I tried it and only came up with Seattle I have done so many searches for play dates/play groups and nothing in my area Oh well.
    Becky

Quote Originally Posted by StillPooh View Post
    Becky, I found a Cavalier group that gets together once a month on meetup.com. You might have similar luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gamefanz View Post
    Thank you. I tried it and only came up with Seattle I have done so many searches for play dates/play groups and nothing in my area Oh well.
    Becky
    Someday if you are up for the drive you would definitely be most welcome in our group. I do know that there are some down in Olympia and one of my group members lives in Tacoma, so we are quite far for her too.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jelly Bean- 1yr Blenheim male
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post Thanks / Like

Do you mean there are groups in Olympia or people who visit your group from Olympia? The places you meet, are they easy to find for someone who has only been to Seattle a few times? Its such a confusing city for a Non-city girl like me LOL
    Becky

Quote Originally Posted by LovesJellyBeans View Post
    Someday if you are up for the drive you would definitely be most welcome in our group. I do know that there are some down in Olympia and one of my group members lives in Tacoma, so we are quite far for her too.