Thread: Ruby's Home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Ruby's Home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Picked up my little lady this morning!!!!

So pleased to have her home- the vet said that there is nothing that they can do there that I can't do at home now and she is definately ready to come home!

She has lots of Meds to take but has already been to the toilet and it was reletively hard! So she is able to pass through food again!

He also said that she is quite possible the worlds best patient and has been happy and polite for the whole time she has been in and hasn't complained once.
    Which leads me to ask........ do you think dogs know that when they are poorly the vets is where they need to be?? I personally think Ruby does!

Thank you again for everyones kind words of support during this last week, apart from a few bald patches Ruby doesn't seem much worse for wear..... me on the other hand, well I think the 4 Coldsores and dark circles and a couple of extra wrinkles tell the tale!

I have to be very carefull with her feeding oer the next few days, strict Chicken and Rice 4 times a day- very small meals only, and then no Rawhide or chew sticks for a least a couple of weeks! I'm not risking it!

Karen

Ruby - my stunning soul mate who defies the odds every day
    Charlie- my angel at heart and devil at play

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome Home Ruby
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I'm so glad she's home!!! Personally, I think cavaliers are the world's best patient at the vets all the time. Whenever any of my dogs have to stay for any length of time, I always have to wait to pick them up because they have to make the rounds so that everybody can say goodbye. Ruby just proved that too.

I started feeding my dogs these softer chew sticks - which also have the benefit of being good for the teeth. They are soft rawhhide chews by Tartar Shield and they have the VOHC seal (Veterinary Oral Health Council). They help to reduce tartar and they break up into smaller pieces when chewed so they reduce the risk of perforation. I buy them on line from www.tartarshield.com I don't know if they are available in the UK. Riley's dentist recommended them. She has a different dentist than my other dogs because she reacts to anesthesia because of her SM so she needs a specialty dentist.

Charlie must be so excited - and you too. Enjoy this special moment!
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yay!!!!!! Woooooooooo happy

Glad all is headed in right direction!!! I do urge caution on rawhides...all the time. Lots out there on the web about the problems but they irritate Gracie' digestive track for sure. So maybe try something safer for chews. Antlers are great and last forever.

Post Thanks / Like

Great News!!

Mel X
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome home Ruby
    Sue

Darcy - Blenheim - 17th Sept 2005
    'Life is a balance of holding on and letting go'

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret C View Post
    Welcome Home Ruby
    From me too

Post Thanks / Like

So please to hear that Ruby is home with you and will be able to have lots of tlc to complete her recovery. What a week you have had.
    Sandra
    Minnie-May (6yrs) & Rosie the Rescue (approx 6 yrs)
    My Darling Cinders and Lady Jane waiting at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic news, we are so pleased
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

Post Thanks / Like

Great news she is home where she belongs, and yes I do believe dogs know a lot more than we know they know, you know?
    Desrae, guardian of two tri-coloured cavaliers, Belle 3 years old and Bobby 1 year/8 months.