• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ruby's Home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karen and Ruby

Picked up my little lady this morning!!!!

So pleased to have her home- the vet said that there is nothing that they can do there that I can't do at home now and she is definately ready to come home!

She has lots of Meds to take but has already been to the toilet and it was reletively hard! So she is able to pass through food again!

He also said that she is quite possible the worlds best patient and has been happy and polite for the whole time she has been in and hasn't complained once.
Which leads me to ask........ do you think dogs know that when they are poorly the vets is where they need to be?? I personally think Ruby does!

Thank you again for everyones kind words of support during this last week, apart from a few bald patches Ruby doesn't seem much worse for wear..... me on the other hand, well I think the 4 Coldsores and dark circles and a couple of extra wrinkles tell the tale!

I have to be very carefull with her feeding oer the next few days, strict Chicken and Rice 4 times a day- very small meals only, and then no Rawhide or chew sticks for a least a couple of weeks! I'm not risking it!

Oh I'm so glad she's home!!! Personally, I think cavaliers are the world's best patient at the vets all the time. Whenever any of my dogs have to stay for any length of time, I always have to wait to pick them up because they have to make the rounds so that everybody can say goodbye. Ruby just proved that too.

I started feeding my dogs these softer chew sticks - which also have the benefit of being good for the teeth. They are soft rawhhide chews by Tartar Shield and they have the VOHC seal (Veterinary Oral Health Council). They help to reduce tartar and they break up into smaller pieces when chewed so they reduce the risk of perforation. I buy them on line from www.tartarshield.com I don't know if they are available in the UK. Riley's dentist recommended them. She has a different dentist than my other dogs because she reacts to anesthesia because of her SM so she needs a specialty dentist.

Charlie must be so excited - and you too. Enjoy this special moment!

Yay!!!!!! Woooooooooo happy

Glad all is headed in right direction!!! I do urge caution on rawhides...all the time. Lots out there on the web about the problems but they irritate Gracie' digestive track for sure. So maybe try something safer for chews. Antlers are great and last forever.

So please to hear that Ruby is home with you and will be able to have lots of tlc to complete her recovery. What a week you have had.:flwr:

Great news she is home where she belongs, and yes I do believe dogs know a lot more than we know they know, you know? :-D

Hi Karen

So pleased for you both ,have been following via my phone when I could
get a signal up in The Lakes .A brilliant good news story to make my
day a very happy one .Thanks to you both and tell Ruby that she
must'nt dare do anything like this again .:)

!

She is back in her favorite spot on the recliner! :eek:

Put her on the scales this afternoon and she has lost half a Kilo!!! Bless her heart :rolleyes:

What is funny are her Poodle feet where they have shaved her bald on both front legs from her knees upwards- going to have to trim wahts left down to make it slightly less obvious !!!

Charlie was so so pleased to see her and so excited that he couldn't stop humping her for the first hour she was home!

So glad Ruby is home

So glad that Ruby is home. What a scare she gave you! Give her a hug from me.

Thats great! Glad she is home!

Camberlain is always well behaved when we go the vets but he hasn't been for anything besides his shots.

When we adopted Sasha from a no-kill shelter she had heartworm and was the WORST patient. We took her home for a trial run and fell in love with her but they asked us to bring her back to the shelter so they could complete her heart worm treatment. But they gave her to us early under strict instructions not to let her run or get too excited because she stopped eating, was acting depressed, was knocking her water all over her kennel and was barking up a storm! We joked that once she got a taste of the good life at our house she was desperate to get back to it! lol

Back