• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Meeting rescue Elton

anniemac

I am in Alpharetta (outside of atlanta) with this tiny little 4 yr old boy elton. Elton is a barker and is chasing his tail a lot. I am grateful to be near atlanta and Pat. Pat is extremely knowledgable as some of you know. I'm hoping to make sure this wee one is going to get a good home with me and that we can make sure he has good medical treatment. Its sad because he lost his family. He's a really sweet boy

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Anne, no matter how much you loved - and still love - Ella, we can all tell that there is still plenty of love inside you for Elton or any other cavalier (or dog for that matter) that you decide to take into your heart and home. Elton's a lucky boy if he goes home with you.

I was waiting to hear update from you

He did lose his family....just like you lost your beloved Ella. I know that was traumatic for him too. I hope this works out for you. Since his name is Elton, I will get him a pair of huge doggy sunglasses! Hee hee! Don't think I can find a doggy piano with flashing lights.

Awww, how wonderful that u get to spend some time with him before deciding. He is a wee little thing like my Polly :)

Elton is here with me for the week. He's a happy man. Besides humping rupert, we have been enjoying this evening. I have not signed adoption papers and may go back next weekend.

This is a big step for me and he has a lot of qualities I really love. Extremely social and happy, yet will snuggle on couch. Much, much, much more active than ella and playful (rupert doll :)).

Although everything I have here is so girly but he doesn't seem to mind at all. As for working, he was left alone some so sharon (foster mom) thought 4 hours at work would not be an issue. I haven't heard the barking much except excited walking. He was in a house with two other cavaliers that may have something to do with it. He really seems to be settling in though

Erin, I'm not used to a small cavalier like polly :) if I ever fly I wouldn't have to worry about being to big.

I am truly in tears

But very happy tears.... Love you Anne! I know you have not made the final decision, but this was a hard step today. Rooting for you and Elton, who is small but precious

That is true...travel is easier with a small pooch! Even if Elton does not end up being the perfect match, I'm sure it is nice having the company of a cavalier with you for the week! And at least you know that if he doesn't come to live with you, he is still being taken good care of by Sharon and not going into a shelter or anything :)

Oh Anne, that's just wonderful news I cannot wait to hear your decision.. I love his name. Can I please see a photo?????

Okay, I apologize, it was my birthday weekend, and I missed all this. Where is the story that tells about all this, where are the pictures......I'm excited. Oh he is tiny, 10 lbs. My Claire is 11 and 1/2 and small framed, and he is even smaller! Picture! PLEASE?

Missed this thread - my gosh how much can change in just a matter of days! Elton is adorable, and just the same size as Coco!

Back