Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Decided on getting a new puppy!

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite colour of cocker is blue roan. She only breeds black and tan, black and red but what matters the most to me is a happy healthy puppy. I do suspect we will end up with a black female but I am going to choose with an open mind and whatever puppy seems to fit our personalities the best

Post Thanks / Like

My mother and my brother both have English Cockers and they are wonderful dogs! They are trained as bird dogs and are good out in the field and in the home! We had American Cockers growing up and they were very nippy and aggressive, my families English Cockers are nothing like that! They are very affectionate and love everybody!

My mother has a brown male and my brother has a golden cocker with white on her face and paws.
    Mommy to....

Chamberlain (10 month Male Blenheim Cavalier)
    Sasha (6 year old Female Great Pyrennes)

Post Thanks / Like

I've had both, and wonderful experiences with them both. I had an English who left me 13 years ago. Before her I had had an American. Then after her I had an American Cocker/Springer Spaniel. He was a wonderful dog. He had the longer nose because of the Springer in him, reminding us more of our English. But he had a coat very much like an American with constant grooming/clipping necessary. But he was a true love bug, and we just had to have him PTS 2 weeks ago.You will love the English. Very gentle and sweet. I LOVE the roan, but they are hard to find. I recently saw a green eyed Cocker that was gorgeous. If I remember right, the roans can sometimes have blue eyes. I've had blondes and my Cocker/Springer was a tuxedo black and white with freckles.They all were wonderful sweet, loving family does. But I did a lot of searching, and met the parents, wanting to see personalities. My Cocker/Springer was an accident......Cocker was to have been breed that weekend, inlaws stopped by with their Young, unneutered male, and one of the children let the female out before anyone realized, boom, done. But what cute puppies.
    Cindy and Claire
    Claire was born on Feb7, 2010