• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Raising Awarenss and Fundraising in the Rain

Tania

We had a local Fun Dog Show yesterday. I decided at the last moment to take a pitch. It rained quite heavily on and off for most of the time.
The show opened at 10.20am and we started packing up around 1.30-2pmish. In this short time we sold approx £110 worth of stuff and received a couple of
orders through the online shop this morning. The money raised will go towards research.

A couple of people turned up with sick Cavaliers, upset and unsure what to do. It was worth setting up just to help and point these people in
the right direction and hopefully they will join us here.

The three little monkies attended for a little while.

This is us in the pink :*nana:

5951992846_222c4f95ed.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

5951980884_307014d814.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

At one point we had the three guarding the stand :xfngr::p

5951416417_9db62edf1e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Dotty and Dougall vigilant as always.

5952022470_24fe7935e1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Well done Tania,

Imagine those poor owners having sick cavaliers and not knowing which way to go and turning up and there you are in the pink and full of information and support.
Well worth you going.

Wonderful. You canopy I am sure caught lots of attention, as I am sure did the dogs! So sad on the sick ones, do you know what kind of things they wer experiencing? Do hope they will come here.

Looks fabulous! I love the pink!! And i'm sure the three monkeys attracted lots of attention!

Have you decided whether to do Paws in the Park yet?

It looks wonderful! So glad you were there to provide help and info for those people.

A dog show in the rain. Typical British Summer event.

I don't think anyone would miss the CavalierMatters tent. Everything so well coordinated in pink, except of course the three little guard dogs. Poodles get dyed pink...........Tania?

Love that tent and the three on the pink bed are adorable!! :lol: But just imagine them dyed pink... :rotfl: What a great idea and wonderful that some owners got helpful information too.

Tania;397228 As it is such a big show I have booked an indoor pitch because I will be taking a lot of stuff and it will be difficult to manage in the rain.[/QUOTE said:
At least you are a realist :razz:

If we don't get some warm and sunny weather soon I think I might emigrate.
Your stand looks fantastic as ever.

YAY well done you on doing so well despite the rain :( What a shame, when everyone has gone to so much trouble - I guess we should be used to it though.

The stand looks fantastic as always, it's brilliant that you sold that amount of stuff at a small local show in only a couple of hours.

Glad you had such fantastic guard dogs - they look brilliant on that bed :)

Thanks for sharing the photos

Not sure what Dougall will think about the pink dog theme though

NOOOOOO! poor Dougall, what a thing to think!! :D

So sad about the poorly dog with MVD :( but thank goodness you were there and we've been able to advise them what to do, and hopefully he will get some help now.

Too many Cavaliers seem to go deaf early now - in a multi dog household it's easy to miss as they respond to the other dogs, but with a singleton dog it is much more obvious and harder to manage.

Love the pink bed. You took a good amount of money in the rain and the time you had, and of course more people are aware.
Shame we won’t be at Paws in the Park this year. It’s a huge doggie event so you will educate a lot of people. We are at the Suffolk Dog Show next Saturday with the Rally Demo Team they get 7,000 visitors on that one day. Maybe something for you next year.

I have talked to a few cavalier owners I have come across at training and a neighbours friend. I always feel so bad when I see their worried faces when I talk about Cavaliers Health Problems, especially me having Ebony. Maybe I am too passionate about it and that comes across when I talk about the health problems. Last time I apologised for scaring them, but what do you do? You can’t make it sound better than it actually is.

Back