Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sydney needs prayers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sydney needs prayers

Last night, about 10pm, Sydney started panting really heavy. It would come and go but just didn't seem right. We waited a few hours but by 2am we could see it got worse. He couldn't even manage to get up. We went to the emergency hospital. They have him in an oxygen tent. The ER doc said his lungs have fluid. His heart rate was down to 60! They are going to give him an injection of Lasix and IV fluids, xrays, ekg, blood work, etc. When we left last night (or should I say early early this morning), he was awake but I could see that his breathing was already better with the oxygen. I'm waiting now for them to call me to see how he did for the rest of the night.

We had already had a planned appointment with his cardiologist for later today (she works out of the same emergency hospital), so we know she will see him before we get there this afternoon. His abdoman is also bloated, so I'm sure they will do an abdominal tap for that.

I'm exhausted and scared and just want him to be OK.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I hate MVD. I don't have a dog with it (luckily) but I hate reading posts about dogs struggling with it. I know Sydney has been having a tough time recently. I hope you get some good news soon. At least he was breathing a little easier when you left. Saying prayers for you. Keep your hopes up.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So very sad to hear this but you did EXACTLY the right thing contacting the emergency vets - it's not fair to leave a dog struggling for breath.

It sounds like they were able to make him a lot more comfortable and I hope that the appt with the cardiologist was successful and has given you more information to work with. You are in our thoughts.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Poor Sydney I hope what is being done will help. Continuing thoughts going out to you and Sydney
    Becky

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still a nervous wreck, BUT the good news is I just spoke with the ER. Sydney is stable, breathing normally and not panting, ate some food, has had fluids in and fluids out and his heart rate is back to normal. We see the cardiologist in a few hours, and will know more then. Can't wait to see him.

Oh, I hate MVD
    Me too!
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

Sydney is lucky to have you as his mum. Hugs to you all, paws crossed he is going to be ok.
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry to hear about Sydney, I hope he's doing better today. Sending you both hugs and lots of prayers.
    Gemma
    Mom of Corey & Honey Bun

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sorry Joyce to read Sydney has been poorly.
    Here's hoping for better news soon.

Thinking of you at this difficult time.

Nanette
    HollyDolly

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello Joyce

We are all with you at this time .
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking of you Joyce and keeping our paws crossed for Sydney.
    Desrae, guardian of two tri-coloured cavaliers, Belle 3 years old and Bobby 1 year/8 months.