Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sydney needs prayers

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking of you both, hope to hear some good news.
    Irene-
    Jack and Penny's Mom, NYC

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Joyce, what a night. I am so sorry....for you and Sydney. He is so lucky to have you as a mom and you are doing all the right things. If there is anything I can do for you at all, just say so. I will keep you in my prayers and send comfort and peace and healing to little Sydney

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update on sydney

The cardiologist is pleased with his progress. They've been weaning him off the oxygen and we can pick him up in an hour. They drained off the liquid in his abdomin and he seems to be responding nicely. Can't wait to see him....the house is so empty when he's not around. I'll get further instructions when we pick him up. Thanks everyone.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nicki is right, you did exactly the right thing in getting him right away to the vet's. One board member told me a while back that her cardiologist has said they can often recover if they can be put on oxygen; their heart then often remodels to accommodate whatever the new problem is, or time is gained in which fluid can be drained and more comfortable breathing restored. I'm so glad Sydney is heading home!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

There are quite a few members in the yahoo canine congestive heart failure group that keep oxygen at home for emergencies. They either make coke bottle masks or prepare a crate that can serve as an oxygen cage. I've never felt the need to do that, although I briefly considered it for a Cavalier with lung cancer (metastatic, not primary). If I didn't have access to two 24 hour specialty hospitals each ten minutes away, that is something that I would consider if I had a dog with advanced heart or lung disease.

Pat
    Pat B
    Atlanta, GA

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm so glad Sydney is home! Thinking of you

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like

Whew! Glad to see he rebounded well and is hopefully home by now!

Post Thanks / Like

Sydney's home and sleeping now, and the first thing he wanted was food! He ate dinner then went potty then to sleep. Somethings never change.

There were some new abnormalities in his kidney panel and electrolites which are concerning. We are keeping an eye on him and will see the doctor next week when she will recheck his blood work and reevaluate his medications. She may lower some dosages or add potassium depending on the results.
    Overall, considering the severity of his condition, I think he is doing well. When he was discharged tonight, everyone said how good he was all day and never gave anyone an ounce of trouble. He makes me proud. I love him.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

I've only just seen this thread this morning. What a worrying time you have had Poor Sydney.

But the little fighter has bounced back thanks to the speed of your actions and the care of the hospital. So glad he is feeling better

Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts and prayers are with you!!! xooxxoxo

Kim, Lilly, and Emma