• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Chloe and Salwa napping together

Chloeinalbany

Many friends who are not used to dogs thought that dogs and cats do not play together (other than those 'special' dogs/cats they see on youtube and America's Funniest Home Videos etc). Fair to say that before we have Chloe, we also thought, well, yeah, maybe, but it is not one of those things that happen everyday. Salwa the cat has been the best sister any Cavvies could wish for. Normally Chloe would come running down the stairs to greet us when we come home (sometime we see her head rising slowly from behind the sofa, droopy eyes not happy being awaken from sleep), but today all was quiet. For the first time, though, look what I stumbled upon today when I got upstairs to our study.
icon7.png

chloe salwa1 by Chloe in Albany, on Flickr

chloe salwa2 by Chloe in Albany, on Flickr

That is an absolutely adorable picture. I hope I have one of those to post one day! How old is your cat and how old is your cavalier? Do they play a lot together? My cat Nico is 4 years old and he has been our baby for the past 4 years. He is very social and always wants to be around people. We brought home our new puppy, Sonny three days ago, he is 9 weeks old. Sonny and Nico appear to be doing pretty well with each other. Nico hasnt changed his habits much, he is still with us when we are in the living room and still sleeps with us. Nico and Sonny just started to play a little bit, but I can't tell if Nico is playing or annoyed. Sonny obviously wants to play and will run up to him and run around and tackle him and then Nico will start wrestling with him, but I am just nervous that it is too rough for the little puppy. They both appear to initiate the playing, so Im hoping that they both are happy and not trying to hurt each other. Can you give me any feedback on your experience with your puppy and cat???

That is so lovely. I have a 10 year old cat who has only ever had the place to himself. He is a bit grumpy at times even with humans so you can imagine I was rather worried at first when getting my puppy. Alfie (the puppy) only wants to play and goes wagging all Tigger fashion up to the cat who hisses and swipes a loaded paw in his direction. I have taken it very slowly and not forced the issue, and slowly but surely some progress is being made. I long for the day I could post pictures like that..... but I doubt it will happen.

Back