Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Devastating News

Post Thanks / Like

So so sorry. Im glad pat wrote what she wrote and i hope you will be able to get him treatmemt if thats what you want... We r all here for you!
    Mom of Blondie aka The Monster, my furry daughter and loyal friend!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default So Sad!

My heart goes out to you I like many on this board have been faced with the decision to have my beloved cavalier pts. You have got a shock, I knew for a couple of weeks that the day was approaching but it didn't make it any easier when that day came. Read over your first post again especially the way you describe Prince lying on your lap. I'm sure you don't want him to suffer on and have no quality of life. Talk to the vet later on today and if there is no treatment available be strong and do the most loving thing you can do for Prince - let him go.
    Whatever decision you make everyone on the board is here to support you.
    Anne.
    Bubbles (blenheim) rescue cav,
    Mishka (tricolour) at the rainbow bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I too have no advice...but I just wanted to say that I am thinking of you and I am so sorry the you and your cav have to go through this. Sending prayers your way.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all so much for your support and advice. We had to let Prince go earlier this evening, there was nothing that could be done for him, the vet said they could hook him up to a drip for the weekend but we would have to face this in a few days time anyway. He was just too sad, it was killing me to see him like that, he wasnt happy at all, he was starving to death also because he had no interest at all in food which was just not him, he would normally inhale some tuna but he wasnt even interested in that. I miss him so much already but i do really feel I done the right thing for him, I have had him since he was 12 weeks old and I just know he wasnt happy, it was like he was depressed. I am a bit worried about Lucy, will she miss him, will she be crying for him? She is deaf and Prince was her ears for her, do dogs grieve? Pat, thank you so much for all the information you posted, it was much appreciated.
    Sue, Prince (B&T, DOB: 28/09/2001) & Lucy (Tri, DOB Unknown)

Post Thanks / Like

I am so very sorry for your loss. I'm sure Prince is at peace now and he is happy My thoughts going out to your family and to Lucy I hope Lucy will be ok.
    Becky

Post Thanks / Like

My heartfelt sympathies in your sad loss today.

I wish I had not posted about my happy day today now, Im sorry

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry. At least he is at peace now even if your heart is not yet. I hope Lucy will be o.k. I imagine it will be difficult for her. Run free Prince!
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Run free sweet Prince

So sorry for your loss Sue, my thoughts are with you.
    Anne.
    Bubbles (blenheim) rescue cav,
    Mishka (tricolour) at the rainbow bridge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So terribly sorry, catching up now - this is just tragic. You did the most loving thing for Prince, a very hard decision to make but as you said, he wasn't happy and it was the kindest thing to do - it sounds like your vet was very wise and gave you the appropriate advice.

I haven't read all the way through but I'm sure Pat will have told you that it is very hard to pick up in the early stages, so please do not feel guilty that you may have missed anything.

Perhaps when you feel up to it you would like to start a post "in memoriam" and I'll move these posts across.

I'm sure Lucy would have known that Prince was very poorly, my dogs have always known this, so although she may be a wee bit confused, she will adjust. Try to keep her in routine as much as possible, feeding and walks at the same time - this will help you too.

She will find it hard managing with deafness when she was used to a hearing companion - Rupert found that adjustment difficult - so you will need to be extra aware of her, maybe time to start teaching her hand signals if you have not done so already. In the house and garden deaf dogs manage very well, you just need to be extremely careful when you are outside - I'm sure you know all this anyway.

Take care - we are all thinking of you at this sad time.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry about Prince. It must have been such a harrowing decision, but you did the right thing. Run free Prince.
    Your girl will grieve, I think that dogs grieve like we do. You'll be there for her and she for you.
    Desrae, guardian of two tri-coloured cavaliers, Belle 3 years old and Bobby 1 year/8 months.