• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Devastating News

So sorry, my thoughts are with you and Lucy. You did what was right for your boy xxx

At the end making the decision to let them go is the last act of love we can show our precious dogs.

I am so sorry for your loss.
RIP Prince

I'm so sorry to read about Prince. Letting him go sounds like the kindest thing you could do for him. I'm sorry for your loss :(

thank you all so much for your kind words. Today has been so difficult without him, I just keep crying. Lucy woke early this morning and she was crying also, she never normally does this, my heart is just broken. I am sure it will get easier but I really cant imagine how it will, I love Prince so much, he was the best. I know i done the right thing for him, he is happy now.

My heart aches for you and Lucy...

No words ever seem to be enough. Wish I could give you both a real hug! Prince will always be waiting at the bridge..

I'm just catching up on posts also, and was so sadden to get to the end of this with the decision you had to Jairo. Having had to make that decision just a couple weeks ago for Claires companion, my Nash, I know full well how painful it is.My heart and thoughts are with you as you adjust to a different life, and try to overcome your grief. So very sorry about your boy.

So sorry to hear that you have had to give Prince his wings. His memory will stay in your heart forever.:hug:

So sorry for the loss of your sweet Prince. May he rest in peace. I hope you find some solace in the happy memories you have of him and that you did the ultimate unselfish act, by setting him free from his pain. Again I am so sorry.

I am so very sorry for your loss. Sending you and Lucy our love, take care of one another. Run free Prince.

I have only just seen this :(

It was me who had the pup, Reuben, who had the JRD. It was discovered during a routine castration operation December 2009 and he went rapidly downhill during the next week. Finally he was in at the vet to have a large lump drained that came up on his neck from constant injections while being flushed out, and the vet rung on Boxing Day and said that his levels were back from the lab, and were higher than they were to start with.
So failing having him flushed out every week, she recommended he be pts. So we decided there and then as he was already under a light anesthetic for the drain, it would be kinder to do it at that time.
He was 10 months old :(

I still feel guilty that until we discovered it, how ill had he been feeling?

I know how you feel and you have done the very best you could do.

Reuben will meet Prince at Rainbow Bridge and Prince can look after my puppy. x

Back