• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Tess has hurt her pads

robbieswan

We are on holiday and tess has the skin peeling from some of her pads on her feet. We are rubbing antiseptic cream on them which seems to be working. She runs on soft sand on the beach normally at home so i think the asphalt is a shock to her feet.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

So sorry.....

We are having to be very careful here with record-breaking heat. Poor little Tess! Hugs.
We are on holiday and tess has the skin peeling from some of her pads on her feet. We are rubbing antiseptic cream on them which seems to be working. She runs on soft sand on the beach normally at home so i think the asphalt is a shock to her feet.Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Poor wee soul - yes it does sound like she just had very soft pads. Obviously if they are not improving you need to take her to the vet.

Once they are better you can try something like paw wax which would help protect them.

Once Tess's pads are no longer raw, regular dipping in salt water will help to harden them. Perhaps encourage her to paddle in pools and at the edge of the sea, instead of only walking on the sand!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Back