Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which type/brand of food to make poop firm and easy to pick up

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bless you Brian!

I am sure your cavvies say big thanks to you every time they eat! Well, I just got back from the shop, and it was very comforting to see what they have. All in all, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to work out which is better - the raw diet or the stacks and stacks of mill-produced kibbles with maize being one of the major ingredients. At our local pet store, the only kibble food that looks good is Nutro. Surprisingly, Nutro is cheaper than Royal Canin or Hill's. Unfortunately the shop does not stock Orijen or Wellbeloved although you can buy them locally from other retailers. With the raw frozen diet, you end up spending more on almost negligible money + time on electricity having to store and thaw them. Price wise, my guesstimate is they are both similar (RAW vs the more expensive dry such as Canin or Hill's).

Once we finished the remaining of her dry food in a week or so, Chloe would be on this diet, at least that what we figure is best for her. Just a slight concern: As part of the diet, she'll have chicken frame and necks, and we wonder if she would drag those upstairs just to show off to the cat.

Post Thanks / Like

Huge 2nd to all the suggestions for raw. Polly is on it (I buy the pre-made kind like Primal and Bravo) and she does great on it! Nice firm poops 1x a day
    Erin aka Mommy to Polly (Blenheim) 3-30-2009 And Cat children, Salem, Emma & Ellie
    The love of my life
    "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
    Tobey- I miss you terribly my sweet boy. We will be together again

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Erin2854 View Post
    Huge 2nd to all the suggestions for raw. Polly is on it (I buy the pre-made kind like Primal and Bravo) and she does great on it! Nice firm poops 1x a day
    hello Erin - amazing! Getting Chloe to poop only once a day would be great too, now I start to wonder if that once a day poop can be timed to be during her evening walk! Currently she does twice, sometimes three times a day, and coincides nicely during her morning and afternoon walkies.