• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

University of Florida Low Cost MRI-- 2 thumbs up!

It seems to be so much a matter of luck - where the syrinx hits the spinal cord and which nerves are there; which direction the pressure from the dilated ventricles goes; how good a particular dog is at living with some degree of pain - the researchers must sometimes feel as if they are trying to get hold of slippery eels, or trying to cut heads off a hydra and as they destroy one, another appears! But great that Scarlett is managing so well on minimal meds - Oliver too is only on gabapentin 100mg x 3 and frusemide twice a day, with an occasional extra gabapentin (usually when air pressure gets extra high or extra low) and a (so far unused) bottle of metacam in the cupboard for emergencies. At 10, surgery has never been an option for Oliver, but it's good to feel that there's still a good way to go with adjusting medication - so I know how you feel about Scarlett.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Wow...that was a great price!! I know how sobering this news was for you, but am so glad you've got resources. I can't imagine someone who gets this kind of diagnosis and doesn't have any resources. I absolutely hate how baffling this disease is. It just doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason to it. Scarlett is one lucky dog that her momma is so in touch with her.

Back