• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Now Murphy's coughing as well

murphy's mum

Some of you may have read my post last week about Misty going to the vet as she was coughing. The vet we saw wasn't 100% sure what was the cause but said one of the things could be Kennel Cough.

Seems he was right, as this morning Murphy is coughing. So back to the vets for us, we've got an appointment at 11:15 this morning. I'm hoping it's a different vet we see, as the one we saw last weekend wasn't exactly helpful, but at the weekend you just have to see who's in.

Misty is still coughing a little, and she finishes her pills today, but Murphy's cough seems worse than what Misty's ever was, he's really choking and gagging when he's doing it. We've to take them both in this time, and wait in the car until it's time to see the vet. Typically it's looking like it's going to be hot today, all I can say is thank god for AC in cars.

Well, that's Murphy now on a weeks worth of Noroclav too, Misty finishes hers toight. Lucklily both are still their usual selves and are eating and drinking as normal so they'll both be okay :D

Sorry to hear this, does definitely sound like kennel cough :( They should be fine in a week or two, but you will need to keep them confined to home so that it doesn't spread - also try not to visit anyone with dogs, as it can be carried on your clothes - it's highly contagious.

Most adult dogs easily fight off a bout, but it can be very serious for young puppies and oldies.

Yes we are avoiding other dogs, and people we know with dogs too. We were up the town earlier, and met my husbands Uncle with their 6 month old Lad, I had to quickly tell him to keep away. Feels like we have the plague or something :rolleyes:

You will be ringing your bell and shouting "unclean, unclean" soon ;)

I know what you mean, you do feel like you have the plague but I'm sure people will be grateful in the long run :)

DO hope they both feel much better soon.

Back