• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Knee surgery/ insurance

kimy27

Dylans knee has popped out about 5 times this week so we took him to the vet and she referred him to get surgery. He has an appointment on Tuesday to get checked over by the vet hospital.

I called the insurance company to see if the surgery would be covered and they said that it would. However, I am now looking at the small print which is saying that they won't cover the pet if I have not informed them of any treatment of said condition within 3 months of it first being treated :yikes

Dylan had some pain in his knees last year and the vet gave him some metacam for it. They haven't bothered him again until this week when his left knee started popping out.

So now I'm worried that he won't be covered for the surgery.

Has anyone had any experience in this area? Are insurance companies really nitpicky when it comes to paying out?

I'm currently going through something very similiar with Benji, who is getting his surgery on the 10th August. We were worried the insurance company wouldn't pay out for his x-rays because he was first treated for knee problems before the 30 days it required. The vets told us not to worry as there was no real cause for concern at the time however there was now. Thankfully the insurance went through and everything is set for his op in August.

Thanks. I had a word with our vet and she seems to think the insurance will be fine. Hope everything goes ok with Benji's operation :flwr:

Hello Kimberley

You should be fine ,which ins company are you with ,and dont forget to keep us all posted
how things are going .

Hi Brian. Dylan is with Tesco pet insurance. I wish I had went with M&S as that is who Bailey is with and they have been excellent. They must have paid out about £6000 in the last couple of years.

I will keep you posted on Dylan. He has a consultation tomorrow morning and I am hoping he will get booked in for the surgery asap.

Back