Thread: Im so lucky

Post Thanks / Like

Default Im so lucky

I posted a while ago about putting Leo in kennels as Im off to a family wedding tomorrow and wont be back until Sunday.

Well one of my closest friends has offered to have him for the weekend. My friend and his partner have a holiday home on the Suffolk coast and are taking Leo there. They plan long walks on the beach and the surrounding country side

Im so very lucky to have good friends that want to help out.....although I suspect that my friends are actually very excited to be taking Leo on holiday, they've told their neighbours they're bring him.

Hopefully they'll take photo's of him on the beach which I'll post.
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That's good news, I'm sure you will be sending him with a list of instructions Especially to be careful with doors and around roads as Cavaliers have no road sense at all - they love everything so how could anything possibly harm them

Also to stick to normal food and treats, to avoid upset tummies.

Perhaps put a temporary id tag on to give their contact details too [those sm luggage tags are good]

Send familiar bed/bedding so he feels secure.

I'm sure you know all this but it's always worth reminding ourselves

Hope the wedding goes well - and that Leo has a wonderful weekend [personally I'd rather be going with him than a wedding LOL]
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Oooo he'll need a good size suit case for his fun vacation!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks,

I have of course given strict instructions regarding feeding and safety. My friends know NOT to let Leo off lead and to keep doors closed. Ive stressed it very strongly.

They have already said he can sleep in their room with them so he feels safe. They've joked with me as they often look after my kids and they said I dont give so strict instructions on do's and donts when they have the girls

Thanks for the advice though.
    Mel

Post Thanks / Like

Aw bless! You'll probably end up missing him more than he'll miss you, which is good... but doesn't it always happen that way? Enjoy yourself!
    Desrae, guardian of two tri-coloured cavaliers, Belle 3 years old and Bobby 1 year/8 months.

Post Thanks / Like

Ooh its just so great when things work out like this! I hope they get some pics also. Cavs on the beach are the best!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like Leo will be having a bit if a Holiday. Wow.....good for him. Hope you enjoy your time at the wedding.
    Cindy and Claire
    Claire was born on Feb7, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nicki View Post
    That's good news, I'm sure you will be sending him with a list of instructions Especially to be careful with doors and around roads as Cavaliers have no road sense at all - they love everything so how could anything possibly harm them

Also to stick to normal food and treats, to avoid upset tummies.

Perhaps put a temporary id tag on to give their contact details too [those sm luggage tags are good]

Send familiar bed/bedding so he feels secure.

I'm sure you know all this but it's always worth reminding ourselves

Hope the wedding goes well - and that Leo has a wonderful weekend [personally I'd rather be going with him than a wedding LOL]
    Awww. What u said about cavies is so true. Its heartbreakingly endearing how sweet and innocent they are...
    Mom of Blondie aka The Monster, my furry daughter and loyal friend!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Mel, So glad you got Leo sorted. I am sure he will have a wonderful time with his carers. I've got a lovely schnauzer and a pug staying at the moment and they are all having a great time withnot a minutes thought for their owners.
    Hope you have a great time at the wedding - it certainly looks like being a beautiful summers day.
    Sandra
    Minnie-May (6yrs) & Rosie the Rescue (approx 6 yrs)
    My Darling Cinders and Lady Jane waiting at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone.

The wedding was lovely as was the weather.
    Leo was returned to me this afternoon and he has had a fantastic time. My friends have walked him several times He's fast asleep at my feet now.

He woke my friend up at 5.30 this morning with some kisses so they took him out for a walk then!!
    As long as he doesnt think I'll be doing that
    They've spoilt him and said he was a joy to have and they'll do it anytime. He didnt pine for me which was a relief but when he got home he did jump all over me
    Mel