• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How to Become a Breeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zumie05

By no means do I want to start breeding dogs right away, but I really do think that this could end up being a passionate hobby of mine.

I love all animals and am eager to learn more about the purebred world. I haven't spayed Coco yet because I have been planning on trying to gain some show ring experience with her and of course meet other dog enthusiasts.

Some day, I would really love to try my best to help our breed out and do what I can to help minimize their serious health conditions, and attempt to "rescue" the breed.

Does this sound like something I could possibly do, or leave it to more experienced people? I could always go with another breed, but Cavaliers are so sweet and beautiful, I really am in love with them.

What does it take to start off a good breeding program? My first goal is to get a house - right now I live in a condo.

I believe that it is essential to have a mentor, perhaps even more than one.

That means that you must find someone whom you respect and with whom you share the same goals and ethics. You should also like each other! So I think that the first step is to form relationships......thus you need to attend shows and club meetings, etc. and become as educated as possible.

Pat

Hi its alot of work and i guess u have to know all the history becos of in breeding.I dont think there is much money in it,it would be for the love....I would worry about the mum and where the puppies would end up...

Sorry to be the one to point this out, but, Karlin has this in her guidelines, see number 4 below. Posts which are never allowed1) advertisements for puppies2) advertising your dog for stud service3) advertising looking for a stud4) asking for advice on breedingJust don't want anyone in trouble.

Thanks Claire yes you are correct, discussions about breeding are NOT allowed, please revisit the rules.

I'm locking this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back