Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What time does your pup go to bed...and wake up

Post Thanks / Like

Default What time does your pup go to bed...and wake up

This is a total curiosity question....because I just wonder (and I know this will be different for everyone because our dogs our different ages,etc) But I thought it would be fun to know.

So, what time does your dog go to bed?
    What time to they wake up?

Right now, on the week days...Brooky goes to bed in her crate at about 10:30 pm and we get her up between 6 and 7 am for a walk before work. On the weekends, she goes to bed about the same time (maybe a bit later) and wake us up at 7/7:30 am

Post Thanks / Like

Coco goes to bed when we do, and gets up when we do. The great thing about her is she will sleep in as long as we let her, she is happy as long as she is with us!

Bedtime ranges from 11pm - 3am, and yes she will stay up that late with us! She seriously does not lay down and sleep (ok sometimes she does, but not often) if we are awake and doing something. Wake up time is 7am on work days, and on weekends usually around 9 or 10am. The sweet little angel! She has never woken us up before other than when she went through crate training.

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! 9 or 10 am!! You lucky thing Alisha!!
    Does Coco sleep in a crate?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynMom View Post
    WOW! 9 or 10 am!! You lucky thing Alisha!!
    Does Coco sleep in a crate?
    She did until she was 4 months old, then she slept in bed with us until we rescued this puppy last week...potty training took a turn for the worse, so now she is sleeping in a pen at night however she still sleeps in there until we get up without a peep! I can't wait until we can trust her to be in bed with us again

Post Thanks / Like

Right now Toby is 14 weeks old. We go upstairs to lay in bed between 8-9pm so he is upstairs in his crate at that time. He will wake up and want out between 3:30am-5am. Our wake up schedule is usually 4:30am so its not too far off of his. I would love to sleep in on weekends though but I guess he doesn't LOL I think its pretty good for a puppy though I hope when he is older it will change.
    Becky

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it is amazing how little things can just throw them so quickly (and even bigger things like a new pup). She will get back in her groove soon though I bet.

That is still so great that she sleeps for so long! Brooklyn sleeps in a crate, and when she wakes up, she doesn't bark or whine or anything, but she lightly shakes the door (polite little girl!) to wake us up...just that noise gets us up, ugh...and then we are up. We are trying to brainstorm if there is a way to quiet down the door, but she usually goes to the bathroom right away when I let her out back, so I don't know if I want to risk her in there too much longer. Though, I do wonder if she really has to get up at that moment, or if she just wants us It would be nice to get up on our own time though (which wouldnt be much later really...we are early risers, but I like to open my eyes naturally!)

Post Thanks / Like

Bentley goes to bed around 10:00 when we do. Sometimes my hubby (Grandpa to Bentley!) will hold him on his lap and they doze together before coming to bed. Bentley sleeps in a crate in another room, always has, and I don't have any plans to change that. It's comforting to know that he's confined. He's 8 months old. He gets up when we do and sometimes we have to encourage him to come out of the crate. I usually clip on his leash and walk away so he thinks he's coming on his own terms then we go outside to potty. Sleep habits are the easiest thing about Bentley.

Post Thanks / Like

Lady (8 months old today!), who sleeps in my bed, goes to sleep around 9pm, wakes me up around 7am to go outside to wee, and then immediately comes back and snuggles up under the covers and sleeps until 8.30am.

She's a good pup
    Matilda
    Mummy to Lady (Blenheim Cavalier) and Lola (Silver Tabby British Shorthair)

Post Thanks / Like

Mika is like Coco. She goes to bed when I do and sleeps until I wake up - actually usually later. She doesn't generally get up until I am done my shower. I've somehow managed to train all my animals to adjust to this schedule.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, it sounds like a lot of you have pups that sleep in late if you do! Lucky little things...it has me wondering how I can help Brooklyn to stay snuggled in an extra hour...that is really all we would want on the weekend anyway.

On the week days, we are dragging her out of her crate (okay, not really, but you know what I mean...she is SO asleep!!) and that is around 6 to 6:30-ish. On the weekends or days when we aren't working, she is rattling her crate door at 7-ish. We would love to sleep in til 8:30, but the rattling always wakes us and she usually doesn't stop until we take her out. It is not loud or anything, a soft little shaking of the door (sometimes we laugh when we picture her with her little paws tap taping at the door, ha)....but it is enough to get us awake and then I just get anxious and the sound gets in my brain...so one of us wakes up

Hummmm, any hints to help her sleep a little longer? If it stayed dark, I know she would stay alseep, it is like clockwork with the sun coming up. We do have a crate cover on her crate, but it doesnt totally seal it.