• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Baby on the way

Vivienne

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for suggestions on how to prepare our 10mth old puppy for our new arrival due early December.

Bailey will be 14mths when our 1st baby arrives and I'm not sure how to prepare him.
He is completely spoilt rotten, our 1st dog and is treated like a baby, he is always with one of us and more or less has the run of the house, the only good thing is that he sleeps downstairs in the kitchen.

Any tips/info, book or web suggestions would be much appreciated.

I'm also interested in this as we have a baby due in December and 3 Cavaliers and an English Bulldog! I think, if you do a search you will find several old threads on this topic.

Congrats to the new mama's! I don't have a baby on the way even though someone asked me today when I was due

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Congratulations, both of you! How exciting! No advise here either. And Anne, I've seen pictures, and I doubt anyone needed to ask you that question!

Congrats to you both!! I have no advice here...probably to just be prepared for a little hiccup in things like training and potty training. Similar to adding another dog into the house I would assume, so I wouldnt freak out if that happened, just go with it and trust it will all settle again. The good news is Cavs are so wonderful with children!! Once you have the nursery set up, I would let the dog (maybe on a leash) have a sniff of all the new things, let him see change little by little. And just share the love around :)

Hi,

My dog scooby was 2years old when I had my first child , while you are pregnant there is nothing really you can do to prepare them for whats going to happen.

When I brought my son home from the hospital I put him on the floor in his car seat and let scooby come up and sniff him, scooby was a bit stressed at first anf hide quite a bit for the first 2 weeks but whenever my son was around I made sure I still fussed scooby and rewarded him with treats when he sniffed my son and behaved nicely around him.........

Its important for the dog to have their normal routine too , so make sure he still goes for walks and make a fuss of him when you are with and without your baby , cavaliers have such a gentle nature Iam sure he will settle and adjust to the new arrival no problem.

I have had 2 children since we got scooby and he has a fabulous with both of them.... :)

Back