Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: News on the BVA/KC Official Scheme for CMSM

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kate H View Post
    'an outcross and the elimination of the flat back of the head'

If only it was that easy! (And incidentally my SM dog doesn't have a flat back to his head...)

Kate, Oliver and Aled
    Right. It really is a comment made from total ignorance.
    Rod Russell

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
    I read the comment on the PDE blog and did not read into it what you did - http://pedigreedogsexposed.blogspot.....html#comments

From your other post I believe that you read into it something it did not say. On the blog comments I am waiting for the original poster to get back on and explain.

In my mind saying/asking "Why is all this MRI-ing and research seen to be more sensible than an outcross and the elimination of the flat back of the head?", as rmholt did in that comment does not equate to suggesting that breeders give up on MRIs, research and heart testing. There is not mention of 'instead of' in the comment, but it seems to have been perceived that way.

Oreo
    You left off this part:

"Why is all this MRI-ing and research seen to be more sensible than an outcross and the elimination of the flat back of the head? The mitral valve issue might also be eliminated - a bonus.

If they are going to spend money on MRIs and research they might also want to toss in some $$ for corrective surgery, which is what humans have done. In for a penny... "

Then later said maybe good coincidence cavalier crosses are popular. The point is that this gets everything OFF the point which is we have ESPECIALLY in the USA need for breeders to be scanning.
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RodRussell View Post
    Right. It really is a comment made from total ignorance.
    Rod,

I thought you would like that it also might help eliminate MVD.

However, when people are saying to only buy a cavalier from two scanned A parents, it makes it more difficult to have this work. I guess I should not comment on the UK when we need more people scanning in the USA.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anniemac View Post
    You left off this part:

"Why is all this MRI-ing and research seen to be more sensible than an outcross and the elimination of the flat back of the head? The mitral valve issue might also be eliminated - a bonus.

If they are going to spend money on MRIs and research they might also want to toss in some $$ for corrective surgery, which is what humans have done. In for a penny... "

Then later said maybe good coincidence cavalier crosses are popular. The point is that this gets everything OFF the point which is we have ESPECIALLY in the USA need for breeders to be scanning.
    Annie, I did not say that I liked the comment. I suggested that you read into it what was not there. As the RMHolt that I know of in dogs is a radiologist I would have hoped better wording and less sarcasm.

Oreo

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Rod,

I thought you would like that it also might help eliminate MVD. ....
    WHAT might eliminate MVD, geting rid of a flat back of the head? If he thinks SM is due to flat backs of heads, then the guy is a knee-jerk, bomb throwing, idiot.
    Rod Russell

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Annie, I did not say that I liked the comment. I suggested that you read into it what was not there. As the RMHolt that I know of in dogs is a radiologist I would have hoped better wording and less sarcasm.
    Oh, so he is a radiologist, is he? Then he has failed to hide behind the screen a bit too often.
    Rod Russell

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oreo
    My stepfather was a radiologist (he retired and it he didn't not even want to look at Ella's MRI) so I feel bad but I know I post comments all the time that don't come out how I meant to and I should not pick on him in particular. I think what Sins said that drove her crazy was talk about crossbreeding and commenting on it, which is precisly what I am doing now. So that's for another group but I do wish that more people here were scanning and I also know that there is not going to be some simple quick solution.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RodRussell View Post
    WHAT might eliminate MVD, geting rid of a flat back of the head? If he thinks SM is due to flat backs of heads, then the guy is a knee-jerk, bomb throwing, idiot.
    Rod,

you commented on the blog post and you can read it there instead of talking about someone on another forum. I think it was being sarcastic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My stepfather was a radiologist (he retired and it he didn't not even want to look at Ella's MRI) so I feel bad but I know I post comments all the time that don't come out how I meant to and I should not pick on him in particular. I think what Sins said that drove her crazy was talk about crossbreeding and commenting on it, which is precisly what I am doing now. So that's for another group but I do wish that more people here were scanning and I also know that there is not going to be some simple quick solution.
    I read his comment on the blog. I was not relying upon you quoting him. His comment just proves that Jemima will let just about any comments through.
    Rod Russell

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Rod,

you commented on the blog post and you can read it there instead of talking about someone on another forum. I think it was being sarcastic.
    If he was being sarcastic, then he is much too erudite for me.
    Rod Russell