Thread: New (July 2011) UK Study Finds Episodic Falling mutant gene; develops genetic tests

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default New (July 2011) UK Study Finds Episodic Falling mutant gene; develops genetic tests

UK's LABOKLIN offers genetic test for Episodic Falling Syndrome. Researchers led by Dr. Robert Harvey of the London School of Pharmacy have identified the underlying genetic defect causing EFS in cavaliers. See details at http://www.cavalierhealth.org/episod...m#UKs_LABOKLIN
    Rod Russell

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I am confused, I thought they already located the gene for Episodic Falling? Anyway it is a terrific thing to have a genetic tests for breeding.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunshinekisses View Post
    I guess I am confused, I thought they already located the gene for Episodic Falling? Anyway it is a terrific thing to have a genetic tests for breeding.
    There apparently are two groups working on finding the mutant gene for episodic falling, working at the same time and independently of each other. The Animal Health Trust (AHT) group, led by Drs. Cathryn Mellersh and Jacques Penderis, have not yet published their study report, but they have offered a DNA test, which is available through the AHT.

The other group, at the London School of Pharmacy, led by Dr. Robert Harvey of the London School of Pharmacy, Dr. Leigh Anne Clark at Clemson Univ., and Dr. Diane Shelton at the Univ.Cal. at San Diego, just published their study and started offering their DNA test.
    Rod Russell

Post Thanks / Like

oh, okay....thanks for clarifying.