Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sun bathing

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default sun bathing

I've noticed that Toby loves sun bathing. I take him out to the back yard to explore, play and do his business but the first thing he does is find the sunny areas and lay down to sun bathe. He will either be on his side or on his back. If I allowed him, I'm sure he'd spend an hr out there. Of course I don't want him sun burnt so I bring him in after a bit. I'm afraid he will get a rude awakening in a few short months when the sun goes away and the rain returns...which I don't mind for myself, I love clouds and rain but for him I think it won't be a good thing. He doesn't mind the heat at all But touching him I know he is hot.
    Anyone else have a sun bathing dog?
    Becky

Post Thanks / Like

Both of my boys love sunbathing, but neither of my girls do. And Oz, my tricolor has a blanket coat so he is all black on his back. He gets incredibly hot, but he just loves to lie down in that hot sun!
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

Alfie runs out into the garden and lies in a certain spot. He doesn't tend to sleep there, but sits watching birds, leaves fluttering or just generally relaxing.

Post Thanks / Like

Awwwww what a cute picture that would be. Toby is either sun bathing or eating grass, dirt or digging(thank goodness we have hard ground) but UGH! It is stressful for me to keep his mouth clear LOL
    Becky

Quote Originally Posted by Blueroses View Post
    Alfie runs out into the garden and lies in a certain spot. He doesn't tend to sleep there, but sits watching birds, leaves fluttering or just generally relaxing.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh he does that too Becky ...... twigs, leaves, soil, anything really. I seem to say 'leave it' all the time. He does appear to have controlled his cigarette butt habit when we are out walking now though lol.The other day, to my horror, we were in the fields and he grabbed a mouthful of cow poo !!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

OH NO! I would have freaked out! So glad he has kicked the nasty habit, I was gonna tell you to sue the cigarette companies LOL
    So far the grossest things he's picked up are worms from inside the grass or ants. Of course he knows he is doing bad so he will try to hurry to eat it before I can get to it. His leave it is good on certain things and horrible at others, leaving the grass alone OH HECK NO! He has drop it down pretty good with his toys but not on the things he knows he should not have.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueroses View Post
    Oh he does that too Becky ...... twigs, leaves, soil, anything really. I seem to say 'leave it' all the time. He does appear to have controlled his cigarette butt habit when we are out walking now though lol.The other day, to my horror, we were in the fields and he grabbed a mouthful of cow poo !!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes, Murphy is a sun worshiper. He would spend all day lying in the sun if I let him. We don't get many really hot days in Scotland, but when we do I need to drag him in as he would just overheat. He also looks for sun spots in the house and lies in them.

Misty on the other hand is smart, she lies out for a bit, and then wanders into the kitchen and lies on the cold floor.
    Paula - mum to Murphy(6) & Misty(7), and Jerry our cat.

Post Thanks / Like

Ouch! Could not imagine the sun with a black coat. We lived in Las Vegas for awhile and our male Pekingese LOVED laying in the decorative rocks, talk about HOT! 100 degrees and he wanted to lay in the hot rocks. Maybe it is a male thing.
    Becky

Quote Originally Posted by Love my Cavaliers View Post
    Both of my boys love sunbathing, but neither of my girls do. And Oz, my tricolor has a blanket coat so he is all black on his back. He gets incredibly hot, but he just loves to lie down in that hot sun!

Post Thanks / Like

Blondie does it first thing in the morning. She scratches the window of my appartment and wants to sit on the balcony in the sun just staring at things.
    Mom of Blondie aka The Monster, my furry daughter and loyal friend!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

If I had money to just blow on anything this would be fun
    http://www.csnstores.com/The-Refined...d=FR49-TRC1012

Becky