• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Charlie The Stolen Cavalier - Now Home- Pls Read This and Be Careful

Brian M

Hi

I posted about Charlie being stolen during June he was recovered safe last night .So I hope Karlin doesnt mind me
posting this ending in the general section just in case members dont read the Lost/Found threads .

This is from Charlie's true owner .

"
well its nearly 1am... just back from st. helens with my adored charlie. such an emotional night. the new 'owners' had bought him 2 weeks ago and clearly were very attatched to him and loved him very much. when i left with charlie they were crying. its a terrible crime that has been carried out leaving so many lives affected. they bought him from someone in lincolnshire who provided a very plausible story , complete with a fake pedigree certificate. we are of course informing the police, who didnt take us seriously when we reported his theft in the first place! all that aside nothing could be better right now than the complete joy of my four daughters and the sound of charlies quiet snores as he snuggles next me. thank you so much everyone on here who has given us help and support over the last 7 terrible weeks.
He was advertised on pets4homes and trade-it. i have given dogs lost more info including the womans mobile phone no. which when typed into google comes up with about 20 other dog adverts mainly 'stud dogs' but the police also are now involved so i am reticent of sharing too much info because i dont want her tipped off before the police can act. rest assured dogs lost are looking to see if any of the other adverts match known missing dogs "

Hope the thieving bxxxxxx is caught and locked up or xxxxxx.So pls all keep an eye on them even when in your own garden .

Last edited:
Oh, I think I missed the original story. Was Charlie taken from his owners garden? I never leave Claire outside by herself. Well, I have left her on the deck, with a leash, while I run into the house to grab something. But we live on an acre with nothing but woods and state land behind us. And if she travels in the car with me (cool weather only) I always take her travel kennel to put her in, which means no one can see her.Sounds like a sad story.

Wow, that is a heart wrenching story...with a happy ending, but I presume many don't end this well. I really don't understand how a human can live with crimes against animals. Be it abuse, neglect, kidnapping, you name it...any crime on a sweet little animal should have consequences that are equal to human offenses if not more. There is somewhere special in he** for people like this.

Okay, sorry, off my soap box, but it all just makes me so upset.
Thanks for the update Brian!!

Wow, that is a heart wrenching story...with a happy ending, but I presume many don't end this well. I really don't understand how a human can live with crimes against animals. Be it abuse, neglect, kidnapping, you name it...any crime on a sweet little animal should have consequences that are equal to human offenses if not more. There is somewhere special in he** for people like this.

Okay, sorry, off my soap box, but it all just makes me so upset.
Thanks for the update Brian!!

I hear ya sista! Totally agree on that.

All I have to say about this story is WOW. I feel sorry for the new owners but joy for the original owners.

Our little row of houses and those in a block of six which back onto ours were divided by an overgrown and rubbish strewn alleyway, which none of us ever used, but the local drug dealer used for the convenience of his customers. The potent cries of the lovelorn who bemoaned that they had forgotten to bring a condom were regularly heard by any of us foolish enough to leave our bedroom windows open on hot nights. Getting fed up with all this I eventually contacted the local councillor to ask for the hazardous items to removed, the rubbish got rid of and a lockable gate installed to seal the area off to those who do not live here.

Problem solved. The drug dealer did superglue the padlock installed by the Council, but I instantly replaced it with a spare one of my ownNow local burglaries from the backs of the houses have completely stopped and the lustful teenagers have migrated elsewhere.

The bonus for the handfull of us who keep dogs is that it is extremely difficult for dog thieves to access any of our back gardens to steal our dogs. This is especially useful to me because I can now leave the patio doors open all day for the dogs to come and go without worrying who might be lurking out there.

My heart breaks for what the original owners of the stolen dog have gone through and even more for the unsuspecting people who had fallen in love with him in the short time they had him. What an awful shock it must have been to go to the vet for the first time and be told that your loving friend had been stolen before being sold to you, but what great people they must have been to let his original owners have him back, because the law says that if you have purchased in good faith you become the rightful owner.

There are a couple of morals here: firstly, keep your dog(s) secure at all times, whatever it takes and secondly, do not purchase a dog from anywhere except a breeder or a recognised shelter or rescue. Caveat emptor - buyer beware, as one sad family know to their cost.

I'd be interested in knowing how the heck the mystery was solved just in case it ever happened to us. A micro chip? Something identified by vets? Or identified on the web site? How was the id proven? Any details? Thank you for the warning!

I'd be interested in knowing more about this story. How did the poor little guy get stolen and how did they find him again?

Hi

It was posted in the Lost/Found section here on CT on the 24 th June ,below
is a link to the doglost forum with the original story as it unfolds .
ddeb posted about Charlie originally, but a very good friend scans the many dog lost/found forums nightly and if any
Cavaliers appear she advises by email and either Ruth or myself cross post here on CT . So
a BIG thanks to my friend who nightly carries out the task of searching for any Lost/Found
Cavaliers here in the UK .
:)

http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_blog.php?dogId=30431

Back