Thread: Is your blenheim "pink"?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is your blenheim "pink"?

Random question (as usual with me haha),

I got my ruby Cav Lexie first. Her skin tone as always been a medium brown with a few darker brown pigments. Her gums are brownish black as well as the pads of her feet.

My Mom's blenheim's skin tone is pretty light, but still on the "brownish, beige" side. I'd say he probably has similar tone to me, maybe a tad darker (I'm Caucasian). His paws are pinkish but not PINK. His gums are the same way. To be a blenheim he has A LOT of ruby hair. He's more like a ruby with white spots rather than white with ruby markings.

Then there is my Sprinkles. Her skin is PINK. As in, piglet pink. When she's in the sun in a certain light, she actually gives the illusion of having light pink fur. It's kind of funny. We always joke that she's so pink because my little sister REALLY wanted a piglet... and we got Sprinkles instead. Her gums are extremely pink as well as her pads. She's truly pinkalicious!

Anyway, I'd always laughed about it and assumed a lot of dogs were this color until I took Sprinkles to get spayed the other day. Our vet talked about her pink skin in amazement for 20 minutes (new vet). He kept referring to her as a piglet or the frosting on a cupcake.

Anyone else have a pink baby? I am sure there are multiple different skin tones on cavaliers depending on genetics but I was just curious if anyone else had a pinkie in the family haha. I'd take some pictures if I weren't on vacation.

Here is a belly pic, she's a puppy on this one but it's the only one I could find with a belly shot. She's still this pink... if not pinker haha

Mommy to: Lexie the Princess Pup & Sprinkles the Baby Dog

"When so many are lonely as seem to be lonely it would be inexcusably selfish to be lonely alone"

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, we've got a pinkie as well. Maddie is really pink. Pippin, B&T has grey/brown skin and darker gums and pads.

Post Thanks / Like

I bet Maddie is adorable

"When so many are lonely as seem to be lonely it would be inexcusably selfish to be lonely alone"

Post Thanks / Like

As you can see in the Puppy picture section, Toby is pinkish. Most of his pads are pink, around his nose and mouth. His belly is bright pink in the mornings but as the day goes on it becomes less pink (sometimes grayish), not sure why but its something we've been trying to figure out.
    I think the pink just makes him look more adorable
    Becky

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have a blen, but that pic is ADORABLE! Just had to say something

Post Thanks / Like

Toby is adorable!! Sprinkles stays the same color usually but I have noticed the hotter it is outside, the pinker she is.

Post Thanks / Like

I always joke with my wife that when Skippy is soaking wet during his bathtime, he looks like a rat. Well, if we shaved Skippy completely bald, he would probably look like a scrawny half-rodent brother of the star of the movie 'Babe'.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

My blenheim is pink, and so is my tri!
    ~Denise and Clancy, Dillon (gone to The Bridge), and baby Oliver

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is very pink