• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Is your blenheim "pink"?

LexieAndSprinkles

Random question (as usual with me haha),

I got my ruby Cav Lexie first. Her skin tone as always been a medium brown with a few darker brown pigments. Her gums are brownish black as well as the pads of her feet.

My Mom's blenheim's skin tone is pretty light, but still on the "brownish, beige" side. I'd say he probably has similar tone to me, maybe a tad darker (I'm Caucasian). His paws are pinkish but not PINK. His gums are the same way. To be a blenheim he has A LOT of ruby hair. He's more like a ruby with white spots rather than white with ruby markings.

Then there is my Sprinkles. Her skin is PINK. As in, piglet pink. When she's in the sun in a certain light, she actually gives the illusion of having light pink fur. It's kind of funny. We always joke that she's so pink because my little sister REALLY wanted a piglet... and we got Sprinkles instead. Her gums are extremely pink as well as her pads. She's truly pinkalicious!

Anyway, I'd always laughed about it and assumed a lot of dogs were this color until I took Sprinkles to get spayed the other day. Our vet talked about her pink skin in amazement for 20 minutes (new vet). He kept referring to her as a piglet or the frosting on a cupcake.

Anyone else have a pink baby? I am sure there are multiple different skin tones on cavaliers depending on genetics but I was just curious if anyone else had a pinkie in the family haha. I'd take some pictures if I weren't on vacation.

Here is a belly pic, she's a puppy on this one but it's the only one I could find with a belly shot. She's still this pink... if not pinker haha

41026_786065870753_22221615_43147817_8062317_n.jpg

Yep, we've got a pinkie as well. Maddie is really pink. Pippin, B&T has grey/brown skin and darker gums and pads.

As you can see in the Puppy picture section, Toby is pinkish. Most of his pads are pink, around his nose and mouth. His belly is bright pink in the mornings but as the day goes on it becomes less pink (sometimes grayish), not sure why but its something we've been trying to figure out.
I think the pink just makes him look more adorable :grin:
Becky

I always joke with my wife that when Skippy is soaking wet during his bathtime, he looks like a rat. Well, if we shaved Skippy completely bald, he would probably look like a scrawny half-rodent brother of the star of the movie 'Babe'. :eek:

Back