• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Board update & some new features!

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Am going to do a needed update and maybe add in a couple of trial features. So if you cannot get on the board for a bit, this will be why...

Are you doing this today? Karlin are there any new features available, or perhaps even an app for IPad's? I hate that I can't have paragraphs, and that all my sentences run together when I post from my IPad. My desktop is on the fritz, and it may be a while before it's fixed, so I rely soley on my IPad. I also can't use spellcheck, and editing is nearly impossible. I know Debra (Gracies mom) has had the same issues.

Ok, new stuff! Yes, there is an iPad app - the Tapatalk app now works as well with iPad and if you already got it for your mobile, it will work with iPad. I just upgraded Tapatalk to include this feature.

We also now have live chat -- visible to logged in members. You will see it on your toolbar at the bottom of your browser. You can do public chats (which all logged in members can see) or private chats with another member. You can block members you don't want to ever chat with (but probably not the admin or mods... :lol: You can minimise the windows to the bar at the bottom or turn chat off entirely by using the dropdown menu t top right of the list of 'people here' -- if you turn it off you never have to see it, or an turn on anytime and see the chats.

I have also installed but not yet completely set up an activity feature that will let people earn points for posts etc and enable some fun competitions and so on. You can see a leaderboard for number of posts and so on. Stats are also shown in your profile. I think members can enable this in their own profiles. Still figuring it out.

I tried to add a feature to let people thank others for posts but it doesn't work with the latest version of the board so had to leave it off.

Updated the board as well which should take care of a few additional bugs.

Okay, so I will try adding tapatalk to my IPad and see if it will correct my paragraphs and ability to
Edit a post.

Thanks, off to check. Already saw the chat bar. Mine, right now shows up as a bar in the middle of the board, hmmmm, maybe that will change with tapatalk.

Oh wow, I don't know what happened, but my paragraphs are back, and I'm not using tapatalk! Yippee!

Thanks Karlin, now off to see if I can edit...

Looks like whatever bug in the software was causing the paragraph problems was fixed in the latest board version. :) Hope anyone else who was having problems finds they are now resolved.

I know Debra (Gracies mom) was also having issues using here IPad. I think I wasn't having problems before then suddenly I was, so I think you are right, it needed a board update. Cool! Thanks!!

Great work Karlin! I love all the updates, yippy!!

The chat feature is so cool...I feel like I am on a better version of Facebook, he he. Love it.

Back