• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Whiskers????

Nana26

Hi,

We've recently added a beautiful blenheim boy to our family. I've noticed something very different with him that our females don't have. He has whiskers growing from his cheeks that almost looks like a mustache....I'll have to take a picture because I have a difficult time describing it

Hi, our tri colour boy has that. I love his whiskers, they sometimes stick straight out in front of his face, we sometimes joke his whiskers are a little like a 'fu man chu' (spelling?).

My Robbie had what I called "mutton chop" whiskers - like Victorian gentlemens' sideboards - and his breeder said his sister had them too. I've been meaning to take some photos of them as they do look so funny but when I went to fluff them out for a photo yesterday, they's almost disappeared! Rob's were lighter, much fluffier, than the rest of his head which is quite silky.

Rosemary

Alfie's getting them !! :shock: Like Lionel Jeffries in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang

Last edited:
Our Daisy gets them, too. I don't really like them because, as others have said, they are lighter-colored than her facial hair and fluffy, so they stand out on each side of her face. I routinely cut them off. I did see an older Cavalier on a TV show a couple of years ago who had REALLY long mutton chops. It actually looked kind of cute at that extreme. She looked to be very old (although that may be because of the mutton chops) and was extremely fluffy and round all over. She looked like a sweet little stuffed animal that you would want to pick up and hug.

hiya, none of mine have whiskers but Mandie has a bit tuft right on the top of her head which looked like a mohican when she was a puppy - people used to lick their fingers to help it spike - now it looks a bit like Elvis's hair, long black and kind of flopping over her face. I love it - sooooooo cute.

Back