• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What do you give your chewer?

Henry11

Henry is 15 months now but can't be trusted around shoes, slippers, kids' toys, etc as he chews everything! He has just destroyed my good shoes (my own fault - I left them on the kitchen floor :( )

He has various teddies, etc which he likes to chew on. He's not really interested in toys unless it's tug of war!

He has a kong but I don't like giving him that every day because of the treats inside!

I don't give him bones but maybe I should?

Bentley's about 8 1/2 months old and going through another chewing phase, and with a vengeance! I've learned to keep the slippers, shoes, etc, where he can't reach them, but he's going for the furniture - base of dining table, even window sills! And I don't even want to think about what else there is that I haven't yet noticed.

Those are some good ones Erin...where do you work? Just curious because it sounds like you work with dogs :)

I love the Busy Buddy ones Erin posted, Bully sticks, Pig Snouts, Nylabone stuff (Brooklyn has these "keys" that she is in love with), I soak some of her toys in water and put in the freezer for her to gnaw on (that worked well when she was teething), Planet Dog type toys, rope bones...

I will try to think of some more, but those are her favorite. I had to move from soft toys for a while as I don't think she knew her own strength....but she didnt like the hard type toys like Nylabone at first, so I spread some honey or peanut butter on them, and once she got into them, she was hooked!

Those are some good ones Erin...where do you work? Just curious because it sounds like you work with dogs :)

I work for a small specialty pet shop that sell all natural/holistic pet foods and treat along with supplements, toys etc. I've learned so much about nutrition and just the pet industry in general..always something new to read about and research! Get to see lots of dogs everyday, meet lots of great pet people and can even bring Polly with me to work whenever I want, it's great!! Can be quite hectic and crazy at times though as there is only 2 of us that run the place :lpy:

I also have a 15 month year old and I know he would still chew slippers, shoes etc if I left them around. He used to be dreadful with chewing his soft toys etc, I find at the moment he likes to chew on a Nylabone.

Oh my gosh,i am sooo lucky,Archie has never really chewed anything,Ellas small toys,but not much damage.

Back