Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Update on surgery tomorrow and University of Florida facility

Post Thanks / Like

Default Update on surgery tomorrow and University of Florida facility

I appreciate your prayers and good wishes more than I can express. It gives me strength when that is sometimes hard to come by. Gracie is scheduled for surgery tomorrow between 10 am and noon EST. She gets to stay with us till 8 am. So gonna spoil her as much as we can till then. I am soooooooo impressed with the Small Animal Hospital here. Very well run and they even have a retired person greet you at the door. Everything runs like clockwork.... And with a smile. Dr. Schubert is terrific...he spent a full hour with us. Is very open and not rushed in answering all questions. RodRussell may want to know that he uses same procedure as Dr. Marino in Long Island...titantium mesh covered with some fat tissue from Gracie herself. We will keep you posted tomorrow as we can. Dr. Schubert did say that he has not seen a Cavalier with such a large syrinx at her young age. so, I do know this is her only hope. It is the only decision that could be made other than just letting her go very soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Debra

So glad everything looks good for you and Gracie and adds to your strength ,everything will be fine
    for you both tomorrow as it seems between you and Dr Schubert she is in the best possible care .

All our Best Wishes For Tomorrow

Brian ,Dawn and Luke and
    Poppy,Daisy,Rosie and Lily

Will be clock watching tomorrow and thinking of you both and looking out for your first post .
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

I'm happy she gets to cuddle with you all night tonight. Maybe you'll get to sleep a bit better (unless she's a snorer )! Thinking about you tomorrow. When Riley had her surgery, that was the day I discovered CavalierTalk so I spent the whole day reading posts - anything to occupy my mind until until I got the phone call to tell me she was o.k. What an eye opener it was to discover this whole new world of cavalier lovers. That was three years ago and CavalierTalk has kept me sane on many occasions. I hope everything goes well tomorrow.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

As always, I will be thinking of you. You are so strong and it's that strength that will get you and Gracie through this. Enjoy playing and spoiling Gracie tonight. Give her extra kisses and tell her they're from me and Sydney!
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

Default So glad the waiting area has free wifi...

I have things I can do on my iPad to keep my mind busy...
    Just still in shock that he said biggest syrinx he has seen for dog so young. He sees dozens every year with some degree of this.

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you are having such a good experience with the hospital and doctor, it makes going through such a traumatic event a little bit easier. I will be thinking of you and Gracie tomorrow.
    Irene-
    Jack and Penny's Mom, NYC

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The very best of luck to you both. I know how difficult this must be, and how anxious a time it is, but cavaliers tend to do very well during this surgery, and you may well be surprised at how active she is very soon after. The greatest difficulty most people have is in trying to keep their dog quiet and inactive. So many of us will be thinking of you and Gracie all day long tomorrow and there will be many prayers and thoughts of support coming at you from around the world.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you Karlin...

We may have to put glue on Gracie's paws when it is her regular time to go out at night to chase creatures....last call for potty too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Angel ella will be looking over gracie tomorrow. She seems to be in good hands. I know it will be a stressful day but so many people here have you in their prayers. keep us posted and try to keep your mind off things for tonight. Mojitos

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Debra, I am sure your mind is rushing right now. I am however so happy that you are in such a great sounding clinic with a wonderful doctor. That makes such a difference...for human and dog alike. You are being so brave about all of this, stay strong and find faith in knowing that you are doing the right thing by Gracie and you are doing everything you possibly can. She is so lucky to have you looking after her well being and loving her as much as you do.

Stay strong tomorrow. I will be thinking of you and praying for Gracie. I think about Gracie every day in fact since this whole thing started and I will continue to do so, sending little angles to watch over her during her operation. 10 am EST there is about 12 midnight in Sydney, so I will say a little prayer before I go to bed and hold that all night long.

Hugs to you both.